Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
According to my profile, today is my Mac Rumors Birthday!!! I joined one year ago today...

just wondering how long its been for some of you out there?

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
I joined on 1-23-05 (Kinda cool date, easy to remember) (January 23, 2005)

So, today is my 1 Year, 1 Month, 17 day anniversary at MacRumors! :D

L

Lau

1 year and 7 months, apparently.

Funny, really, cause I think it took me about a year of that to get an avatar, and looking at my profile I seem to have waffled my way to 1500 posts in the last 7 months....:D

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I can't get over how fast some of you have moved up in ranking. I think I have been here for about 2 years and am just now getting close to a 1000 posts. I don't post everyday, even though I browse the forums dialy. i go in streaks, some days I post a handful, sometimes I go a week without anything. I only post if I have something to say. There are a lot of threads that I could answer to, but I get annoyed quickly when I see repeat thread topics, I just let someone else answer.

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
wwooden said:
I can't get over how fast some of you have moved up in ranking. I think I have been here for about 2 years and am just now getting close to a 1000 posts. I don't post everyday, even though I browse the forums dialy. i go in streaks, some days I post a handful, sometimes I go a week without anything. I only post if I have something to say. There are a lot of threads that I could answer to, but I get annoyed quickly when I see repeat thread topics, I just let someone else answer.

heh, i'm the same way.. i've been here for a bit over 3 years now and i just hit 800 posts.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Lau said:
1 year and 7 months, apparently.

Funny, really, cause I think it took me about a year of that to get an avatar, and looking at my profile I seem to have waffled my way to 1500 posts in the last 7 months....:D
Similar situation here – it seemed to take me ages to reach 'tarhood and getting one seems to have encouraged me to blather on relentlessly.

Just over 1 year, 7 months for me – looks like I joined up exactly a week before you, Lau. So start having some respect for your MacRumors elders! ;)

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Jaffa Cake said:
So start having some respect for your MacRumors elders! ;)

attachment.php

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
I've been calling in at Macrumors almost everyday since 09-04-2003. Sad, isn't it? But only 1.30 posts per day. I lurked for ages.

Dandaman

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2004
soCal
2+ years, and still barely over 200 posts :(

even though i'm on every single day and always have a tab open to macrumors.

daniel

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
I joined on 9-11-04, so I've been here for about a year and a half now. I too was a lurker for a long time but that's certainly changed over the last couple of months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.