1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

I need a quick little AppleScript

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Benjamindaines, Mar 24, 2006.

1. macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Hello anyone with AppleScript programming knowledge. I just need a quick little script that will take the text from the clipboard, and paste it into a new .rtfd file on the desktop. Two things the script must do are.... 1. Ask "Who is the conversation with?" then give a text box where I type in "Christine" then it will take the text from the clipboard and create a .rtfd file on the desktop called "Chat with Christine" when I click OK, like wise if I put in "Jeff" it would make a file called "Chat with Jeff". The other thing it must do is keep the formatting ie colours and fonts.

--Thanks so much

PS If you decide to be the lucky programmer to take this task please post that you are working on it so I don't get 5 or 6 copies of the same script. Secondly when you are done please email me the file, my email address is my GoogleTalk name.

2. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Starting...

3. macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Also one more important thing... Please don't make the script read only. I would like to look at it so I can actually learn some AppleScript.

4. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Done. and attached. View attachment Chat Script.zip

you do know you can set iChat (or amsn etc.) to save the contents of your chats automatically?

It's just a script, so will automatically load in the applescript editor unless you save it as an application in script editor.

PS Damn, it doesn't do the formatting :(

5. macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Yes, but I use Adium (which doesn't have a save option) and I don't want to log everything

6. macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I was just about to come tell you that, glad you caught it :)

7. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Sorry, I can't work out how to do the formatting:confused: