Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaNe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2006
Victoria B.C
Hello all.

I just bought a used IPod from the goverment of Canada they were closing down the wellfair officer in my city and were having a huge sale of there computers, Stereos, TVs, VCRs, DvD Players, Ipods, and a bunch of other office supplys. Desks/ mini bar friges ect)

I bought a IPod for 150$ from them but it only came with the Ipod its self and the computer USB wire. Nuthing els.

When i cam home and plugged it in and installed ITunes it told me to update it to i think 2.1 version? anyways so i allowed it to and its been stuck on the update now for over an hour just woundering if thats suppost to happen?

Also its currently named "Administrator's IPod" and im woundering how can i change that to my own name?

Also how can i delete or reformat the IPod i have a Whindows Computer not a Mac and im not sure if this IPod is mac or windowed?

This is my first IPod ever so im a complete noob on what to do with it or how to even work it. It came with nuthing but the IPod and the USB cord..

If sumone could help me with my problems i would greatly appreciate it.

P.S how does it charge? if it only came with a USB cord and not a plug in wall adapter?

CaNe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2006
Victoria B.C
Wow fast reply and on target thank you so much Scarlet Fever i looked all over apple.com and couldent find anything.

I just got my IPod full restored to factory settings and now im trying to make playlists for my songs.

Can sumone give me a run down on how to make a playlist then add it to my IPod?

For example i want to make 4 playlists such as.

PlayList: Rap
PlayList: Rock
PlayList: Techno
PlayList: Comedy

then add them to my IPod so i dont have to shuffle threw out my songs to just find my rock or rap and so on.

Anyone can help me i will love you forever. Well not really love you but ill be greatfull :D

Belly-laughs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2003
you wish
Make smart Playlists…

File>New Smart Playlist… For each playlist you choose which genre(s) to include, and give the playlist a name to match.

On the iPod itself you can select songs within genres without having created specific playlists; Music>Genres>…

ricksbrain

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2005
Miami, FL
Or, in the file menu, "Create Playlist" and name it whatever you want. Then, from your iTunes library, drag any songs you want into the playlist. It's all drag and drop.

Have you imported music into iTunes already? If not, put a cd in your computer and hit the import button. Once they're on your computer, you can follow the other directions.

Enjoy!

CaNe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2006
Victoria B.C
I dont use CD's i have about 15,000+ songs on my network computer.

Im hoping to add about 6,000-7,000 songs to my IPod threw playlists.

I'll try your guy's methods hope they work :D

Thank you for all the tips guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.