Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edward-k

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2004
Is there any way to have I-photo NOT automatically start every time I hook up my digital camera or have a memory card inserted. I use memory cards all the time to transfer data, every time I stick one in or boot while it is still in the reader, I-photo thinks I must want to import photos - is there any way to make i-photo stop?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Ed

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
From the help screen...

Choosing what application opens when a camera is connected to your computer

iPhoto works with Image Capture, an application included with Mac OS X, to transfer pictures from your digital camera to your photo library. When you open iPhoto for the first time, you're asked if you want iPhoto to open each time you connect a camera to your computer. You can also choose a different application.

To choose what application opens when a camera is connected:

Make sure no cameras are connected to your computer.

Open Image Capture (in your Applications folder).

If you're using Mac OS X version 10.2 or later, choose Preferences from the Image Capture menu, then choose an application from the Camera Preferences pop-up menu.

If you're using a version of Mac OS X earlier than version 10.2, choose an application from the Hot Plug Action pop-up menu.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.