Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Metroid: Samus Returns
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Pokken Tournament DX
  • Rocket League
  • Runner3
  • Super Meatboy Forever
  • Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Let me know if you have any questions!
My demos were pretty short but I'll do my best to answer.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Metroid: Samus Returns
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Pokken Tournament DX
  • Rocket League
  • Runner3
  • Super Meatboy Forever
  • Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Let me know if you have any questions!
My demos were pretty short but I'll do my best to answer.
How was Mario Odyssey?

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
Mario was perfectly fine.
Capturing will be a very fun new mechanic. I got to capture a stone tiki head and he had sunglasses that could reveal hidden blocks and paths. He couldn't jump though, so I had to memorize the route and then run through it with Mario.

Reactions: Mac'nCheese

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
Maybe a dumb question:

Is Metroid Samus Returns a 3D game on the 3DS or is it 2D like Pikmin 3DS (is NOT 3D on a 3DS).

Thanks...
Metroid: Samus Returns is 3D.
You can go onto the 3DS eShop and watch a 3D trailer of it right now. However, I can confirm that it the actual game has much more visual depth than the trailer shows.

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
I really wish they would port Metroid: Samus Returns over to the Switch...sounds greedy but I really want to play it but I'm not buying a 3DS or 2DS for it.
It's possible! Wii U got a DS Virtual Console, so Switch might get a 3DS VC in the future.

Metroid Samus Returns? Gameplay, controls/mechanics, music?
Gameplay: Very much like Super Metroid or Fusion, but with the Metroid II mission of killing 40 Metroids.
Controls: Controls are good, but you need to get used to the new 360 degree aiming. You have to hold down a shoulder button to aim without walking at the same time, or else you'll keep walking in to enemies you're just trying to shoot.
Mechanics: The new melee counter takes a bit of getting used to - you'll need to have patience with some enemies that you can't just shoot, you need to get a feel for their attack pattern and counter them.
Music: Very much like Metroid Prime, which is a good thing. You'll love the music.

Reactions: hawkeye_a

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
btw - how is Rocket League?

Is the text readable on small screen? (LOL)

Wish Rocket League was on the 3DS or PSVR.... :eek:

;)
Rocket League is shaping up well!
It pretty much has exact parity with the other versions, which it needs in order to maintain cross-platform online multiplayer play. The only differences will be aesthetic with the Mario and Metroid cars.
I only got to play matches, and didn't see any menu text - sorry!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.