Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BengalDuck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
To get both my iPod Shuffle and my DVD player to work.

Anyways, everything went fine and now seemingly everything works. My question is... where did the folders get archived to and are they still taking up HD space? seems like I am about 6 GB lesser than I should be, and I'm wondering if it saved the User/Library folders on Archive.

If it did, how do I get rid of these archives to get more HD space?

BengalDuck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
I guess I should also add that although I've been on this mac for about 1.5 years now, my capabilities are generally limited to plugging something in to the USB outlet.

Where exactly is the /previous systems folder, and is it okay to delete it?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I guess I should also add that although I've been on this mac for about 1.5 years now, my capabilities are generally limited to plugging something in to the USB outlet.

Where exactly is the /previous systems folder, and is it okay to delete it?
It's at /Previous Systems.

Yes it's safe to delete it.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
To expand further upon Eidorian's comment, it should be directly under your hard drive. At a minimum, there should be your Applications folder, a Users folder, a System folder, a Library folder, and now a Previous Systems folder.

It's usually best to keep the Previous Systems folder around for a little while to make sure everything is functioning smoothly and you don't need to grab anything out of the old system that didn't get preserved. But then feel free to delete it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.