Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolesterman

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
Try using another computer to restore it.
If it doesn't then bring it to Apple for replacement.

Okay I will try it.

----------

Its a software for PC. It allows you to access your device's file system via USB if you have afc2add installed from cydia on iOS 7

So I should already installed afc2add, but i'm sure i haven't installed this thing on my ipad. If I could access to my device file system with iFunbox, can i fix it then.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Okay I will try it.

----------

So I should already installed afc2add, but i'm sure i haven't installed this thing on my ipad. If I could access to my device file system with iFunbox, can i fix it then.

yes, afc2add should've been installed beforehand. If you could access to your device's file system, that might give you an option to reinstall cydia

coolesterman

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
yes, afc2add should've been installed beforehand. If you could access to your device's file system, that might give you an option to reinstall cydia

I can't jailbreak my device, I mean the jail-breaking process finished but I didn't get the Cydia app in my iPad. how should I install afc2add without Cydia?

coolesterman

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
I have saved my jailbreak many times by running evasi0n again.

I run the evasi0n but and it ends the process and said it's done. but I don't get the Cydia icon on my iPad.
I start the process until, the step I should open the evasi0n7 (when it says to continue please unlock your device and tap the new 'evasi0n7' icon) but I can't open the evasi0n7 because it crashed and closed quickly.

----------

Guys, suddenly I have the Cydia Icon after jail-breaking several times, what Should i do now?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
I run the evasi0n but and it ends the process and said it's done. but I don't get the Cydia icon on my iPad.
I start the process until, the step I should open the evasi0n7 (when it says to continue please unlock your device and tap the new 'evasi0n7' icon) but I can't open the evasi0n7 because it crashed and closed quickly.

----------

Guys, suddenly I have the Cydia Icon after jail-breaking several times, what Should i do now?

Enjoy your jailbroken device and start installing stuff

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
OR
before you now decide to dfu restore to factory.
You just may be able to repay yourself for some of the lost time by selling it as a jailbroken device and then in turn purchasing a non jailbroken factory device.
Jailbroken usually tends to bring a few extra $s over those that cannot be.

coolesterman

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
Enjoy your jailbroken device and start installing stuff

No really, What should I do? I'm still in safe mode :(
I want to semi-restore my device but I don't know, maybe it is not an appropriate action.

----------

OR
before you now decide to dfu restore to factory.
You just may be able to repay yourself for some of the lost time by selling it as a jailbroken device and then in turn purchasing a non jailbroken factory device.
Jailbroken usually tends to bring a few extra $s over those that cannot be.

No, I'm no gonna sell my device. it's actually not a good option in my country, I just want to fix it. Thanks anyway ;)

coolesterman

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
THANKS EVERY ONE :)
I semi-restore my device, it is a clean iPad now But i'm still in safe mode and I Have the cydia app. now what should I do?
Thanks again.

----------

How come my Cydia app does't have the manage section? I want to delete a package as I seen in the tutorial to get out of the safe mode.

Or can I un-jailbreak my device now?

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
Try to reinstall the mobile substrate

There is no Un-jailbreak, if you mean go back to factory via a DFU restore to ios 7.1 yes you should be able to. Keep in mind at this time there is NO turning back to a jailbreak

coolesterman

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
Try to reinstall the mobile substrate

There is no Un-jailbreak, if you mean go back to factory via a DFU restore to ios 7.1 yes you should be able to. Keep in mind at this time there is NO turning back to a jailbreak

Thanks cyber, i really appropriate your help.
so there is no way to just uninstall the cydia? and if there is no way how can I reinstall the mobile substrate? I couldn't find any app named that in cydia?

----------

I'm reading this page "https://cydia.saurik.com/safemode/" and in step 3 it says install the crash report, I installed the crash report but no app added on the screen. where is it?

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
Actually, it is great advice for threadstarter who likely should stay clear of jailbreaking:

1) He doesn't have the common sense not to "mess up" his jailbroken device (by removing required components).
2) He doesn't have the experience to fix such a common issue (SafeMode).

For validation of this response, I refer you to thread starter's title --> "I ruined my iPad"

"Common sense"? That is a bit arrogant.

coolesterman

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014

I really don't have enough time to answer to those guys. I know i'm a beginner and I know the safe mode is a common issue but as I said I didn't had the cydia to fix the safe mode and every where I searched it needed the Cydia at first place. Now I have the cydia and i'm trying to get out of safe mode. thanks buddy ;)

coolesterman

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
As far as I know the safe mode caused by a bad tweak which is not compatible with my device.

I installed the Dream-Board and it suddenly get out of safe mode. yippee :)

Thanks everyone :)

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
Not so fast ;)
If you are planning on keeping it jailbroken, even for a short while
Install OpenSSH now from cydia
http://www.iclarified.com/37830/rem...ld-install-openssh-on-their-ios-7-devices-now

You may find out later you really enjoy the jailbreak and this can save you...

edit:
Don't forget to change the password
Many ways of doing it. Just install mobile terminal from cydia, you can uninstall it after if you wish
then
Using mobile terminal

Type followed by enter

su root

alpine

passwd

Enter new password twice

exit and your done.

Last edited:

coolesterman

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
It has been renamed and is now called cydia substrate instead of mobile substrate. Hopefully that helps you find it

Thanks buddy, Found it. :)

----------

Not so fast ;)
If you are planning on keeping it jailbroken, even for a short while
Install OpenSSH now from cydia
http://www.iclarified.com/37830/rem...ld-install-openssh-on-their-ios-7-devices-now

You may find out later you really enjoy the jailbreak and this can save you...

edit:
Don't forget to change the password
Many ways of doing it. Just install mobile terminal from cydia, you can uninstall it after if you wish
then
Using mobile terminal

Type followed by enter

su root

alpine

passwd

Enter new password twice

exit and your done.

I'v already installed OpenSSH, it is necessary for semi-restore, so, yes I already installed that, thanks, but what is this mobile terminal do and why I should change my password? and what password do you mean and a lot more question. :D just joking thanks buddy. :)

----------

how can I get a free Big digital or analog clock on screen, I mean do we have tweak to do that and what's its name, thanks. :confused:

coolesterman

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
Do you guys know anything about "android like scroll-able wallpaper ios 7 tweak" ? I really want a tweak to do that.

do you guys tried WS wallpaper? I thing it is not compatible with ios 7 cause it put my iPad in to safe mode, which I had to remove that.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Thanks buddy, Found it. :)

----------

I'v already installed OpenSSH, it is necessary for semi-restore, so, yes I already installed that, thanks, but what is this mobile terminal do and why I should change my password? and what password do you mean and a lot more question. :D just joking thanks buddy. :)

----------

how can I get a free Big digital or analog clock on screen, I mean do we have tweak to do that and what's its name, thanks. :confused:

You should change the password or else someone else could ssh into your phone with the default password of "alpine" without you even knowing

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Actually, it is great advice for threadstarter who likely should stay clear of jailbreaking:

1) He doesn't have the common sense not to "mess up" his jailbroken device (by removing required components).
2) He doesn't have the experience to fix such a common issue (SafeMode).

For validation of this response, I refer you to thread starter's title --> "I ruined my iPad"

Arrogant ? In what way ?
Few would argue that a working Cydia app could be considered the heart of a successful, functional and working jailbreak. The Threadstarter clearly stated his phone was jailbroken and that he removed his Cydia app.

I suggest perhaps you review the definition of common sense with respect to the Threadstarter's removing Cydia...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 70

coolesterman

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
if you have openssh installed, change your root and mobile password or someone else can access your device

Okay, got it.

could you be nice enough to answer my other question. why some theme does'n work on my iPad ios 7.0.6. like enkelt neue. it change some of my icons like "Cydia" and "Barrel" icon, but the main icons of my iPad remain unchanged.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Okay, got it.

could you be nice enough to answer my other question. why some theme does'n work on my iPad ios 7.0.6. like enkelt neue. it change some of my icons like "Cydia" and "Barrel" icon, but the main icons of my iPad remain unchanged.

Because iPads use a different icon name and resolution size than iPhones

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
How do you know that. you are a good expert in these stuff. Thanx.
Experience - he has read and researched in order to be able to solve any questions he has.
Just one more question, how can I create new thread in this website? :confused:

Look for the New Thread button

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-13 at 3.23.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-13 at 3.23.18 PM.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 78
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.