Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaydelaney

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2016
Hi guys,

So basically, my MacBooks screen is smashed and I'm using it as a router to my ps4. So it picks up the wifi and then it's a wired Ethernet connection to my PlayStation 4.

The problem is when I turn it on it connects to a different wifi that doesn't work properly. Is there a way to get it to connect to the preferred network without obviously using the screen?

Thanks guys

Jay

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
I'm guessing but the MacBook has used the 2 WiFi routers previously and that's why it can connect to both, can you not rename the non-preferred one from another laptop so it will default to the other especially if it's closer with a stronger signal ?

where is it

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
England
Hi guys,

So basically, my MacBooks screen is smashed and I'm using it as a router to my ps4. So it picks up the wifi and then it's a wired Ethernet connection to my PlayStation 4.

The problem is when I turn it on it connects to a different wifi that doesn't work properly. Is there a way to get it to connect to the preferred network without obviously using the screen?

Thanks guys

Jay

Can you not turn off the wifi that doesn't work properly, then it wouldn't try to connect to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.