Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMack007

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
Today, I was listening to itunes on my macbook, then suddenly the kernel panic screen comes on and the screen also did this weird flicker where it would show the screen behind the itunes window, so then i restarted. Now I turn it on, and the LED comes on, but no dong or grey screen. Just a black screen and the LED never comes off...

Looks like my third trip to the apple store...but thats worst comes to worst. Anyone with any solutions?

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Today, I was listening to itunes on my macbook, then suddenly the kernel panic screen comes on and the screen also did this weird flicker where it would show the screen behind the itunes window, so then i restarted. Now I turn it on, and the LED comes on, but no dong or grey screen. Just a black screen and the LED never comes off...

Looks like my third trip to the apple store...but thats worst comes to worst. Anyone with any solutions?

I had that happen before... try resetting the PRAM

Retired
May 16, 2006
I had the same problem. When the 'receipt' came back, it said 'bottom case replacement; under the repair description. They told me on the phone to try and boot from the install disk, this did not work, but try it, maybe it will help, and if it doesn't, you can at least tell them that you did it.

iMack007

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
So I went to the apple store yesterday, and the genius asked me if I installed 3rd party ram, etc. So they are now gonna replace the logic board for the second time, though they are gonna give me a free data transfer. Hopefully it will break down in time for the new macbooks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.