Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Where can i dl free mac os x fonts? Specifically the "Tahoma" font? :confused:

andrewfee

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2004
Get the trial of Microsoft Office (your mac may have come with it) and run it, it installs all the standard Windows fonts, such as Tahoma. (or you can copy the fonts into font-book manually, which is what I do)

This will also let you disable the ad pane in MSN Messenger, even if you're out of the 30 day trial. (hell, I've not even run the software, I just leave it on the drive for the fonts / ad-free msn)

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
MS Office- installs its own fonts without asking, and puts them where it puts them. Very obtrusive for people who like to HAVE CONTROL OVER THEIR OWN FONTS!!!. Werr. Had to manually remove them and put them where I keep my other bazillion Suitcase fonts.

Edit: It's also not smart enough to know if you've already got a version of the font installed, (which I did have, most of them) so you keep getting font conflicts and duplicates in Suitcase.

andrewfee

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2004
decksnap said:
MS Office- installs its own fonts without asking, and puts them where it puts them. Very obtrusive for people who like to HAVE CONTROL OVER THEIR OWN FONTS!!!. Werr. Had to manually remove them and put them where I keep my other bazillion Suitcase fonts.

Edit: It's also not smart enough to know if you've already got a version of the font installed, (which I did have, most of them) so you keep getting font conflicts and duplicates in Suitcase.
Like I said, you can choose not to run it and just add the ones you want into font book yourself, which is what I do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.