Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will IBM's 64-bit Power4 processor for the PowerPC platform prevail?

• :D ABSOLUTELY!!! :D

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • No, I don't think so. :(

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • :mad: IT BETTER!!! :mad:

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • :mad: IT BETTER NOT!!! MACS SUCK!!! :mad:

• I honestly don't know. :rolleyes:

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Is this for real? :confused:

• Total voters

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
dude, there's already a thread with like 150 posts on this same topic...and with the same links...

Shrek

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Nashville, Tennessee USA
Yeah, 150 posts! It's a little bit too old. Time to change the focus to a more reliable and more informative source: CNET. ;)

edit: Besides, the last one didn't have a poll. :p

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
[RANT]A post like "Does any one have any comments" is useless on a discussion site, it just looks like you are trying to increase your post count[/RANT]

I personally don't think this will be part of the G5 or next G4, mostly because (unless Apple and IBM have been working on it for some time) 2 months isn't long enough to make a computer, and even that, it is just the announcement not that actual launch so it could be several years before it comes to market.

Ensign

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
several years?!?!?! :eek: :eek: I hope you're not confusing the computer industry with the biotech industry. Many PC hardware enthusiasts would be in hell if Intel announced a new P4 and it took several years before it showed up in a computer.

I'm guessing 1 quarter, maybe two if the chip has yet to be taped out.

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
yes, but all they are announcing is the project, they might not have started it, but they might be right at the end of its development.

Ensign

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.