Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

accordracin96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Hi,

I was wondering if you guys could tell me around how much I could get for my 14" 1.42ghz ibook with 1gb memory (2x512mb), 60gb harddrive, superdrive, OS X, Microsoft Office student and Teacher, iLife software.

I have the 3 yr Apple Care Protection Plan on it. Paid $250 for it. Still have 2 years and like 6 months left.

Thanks for the help.. I was going to put it on ebay but i dont know how i feel about it...

DMPDX

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2005
Hey, and welcome to MacRumors,

Not trying to thread crap here, but in the EULA agreement for office student and teacher edition it says that it can not be re-sold. However minus that I would say with applecare and 1 gb of ram.....around $1000.00 .

EDIT: you also might want to post this in the "other mac topics" section. Just for fuure reference

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
I'm thinking more like 1200 without office. Applecare is expensive, and he should make up the money for it - as there's still tons left.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
DMPDX said:
Hey, and welcome to MacRumors,

Not trying to thread crap here, but in the EULA agreement for office student and teacher edition it says that it can not be re-sold. However minus that I would say with applecare and 1 gb of ram.....around $1000.00 .

EDIT: you also might want to post this in the "other mac topics" section. Just for fuure reference
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/187157/

Yeah, educational software has some strict sales restrictions but the OP should be able to sell it to another qualified student/teacher.

accordracin96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
calebjohnston said:
I'm thinking more like 1200 without office. Applecare is expensive, and he should make up the money for it - as there's still tons left.

i was wondering about that because the applecare is like $250...

thanks for all the input..

accordracin96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
if leaving the office s&t edition on there was a problem then i would take it off..

Is anyone interested in the iBook??

accordracin96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Eidorian said:
$249 retail, $183 education.

so $1200 isnt out of the question??

also i am trying to make a new thread in the marketplace forum but it wont let me... am i too new??

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
accordracin96 said:
so $1200 isnt out of the question??

also i am trying to make a new thread in the marketplace forum but it wont let me... am i too new??
You need more than 100 posts for that. You have 4.

accordracin96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Eidorian said:
You need more than 100 posts for that. You have 4.

oh okay.. lol

wondered why it wouldnt let me do it..

other websites allow you to post forsale items even when you have just signed up or recently signed up and if they see an item that is not legit or bs they delete the thread.. oh well

if you know anyone interested in it, pass the work... Its in great shape and i have upgrade the RAM as you can read from the specs i listed..

thanks

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
accordracin96 said:
oh okay.. lol

wondered why it wouldnt let me do it..

other websites allow you to post forsale items even when you have just signed up or recently signed up and if they see an item that is not legit or bs they delete the thread.. oh well

thanks

This was to help cut down on spam as it was troublesome at times. Not to mention you also build up some trust in the MR forum by posting/replying to threads with helpful info :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.