iBook Alan key?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by OllieP, Nov 5, 2006.

  1. macrumors newbie

    Nov 5, 2006
    I have an iBook G3, and I notice there are small screw type fittings on the side of the screen.
    Does anyone know if there is a tool available that would fit these screws as I need to check connections to the screen.


  2. macrumors 65816

    Jiddick ExRex

    May 14, 2006
    Roskilde, DK
  3. macrumors 65816


    they're called "Torx" screws, in this case a #T8, (some folks call them "star" screws) But go to lowes or home depot & get a 6 or 8pc set, since you'll encounter more than one size if you are going beyond the lcd in your disassembly.

Share This Page