Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrBlackz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
hey guys i have a problem and i need 2 solve it ASAP
This moring my ibook was on sleep (was working 100% last night chagring while i was using it) and this afternoon took it off sleep and used it around the house. now when i went to put it on charge nothing was happening just going from calulating and then back to battery(not cool) so i thought id try with out the battery and as i suspected the comp turned off so its not even running off the adapter.. i dont think it wud b the adapter thats the problem because it was working a few hours before and is almost new... so is it the DC in board? please help guys i hope i explained it well enough for you to understand

cheers

oh and ive tryed resenting the Pram and the other power one

EDIT: also when my ibook was plugged into my 5.1 system it always made a buzzin sound from the speakers when it was on AC power but when unpluged was fine however now it makes no sound at all but if turned up really loud makes a clicking sound

sublicon

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2007
NY/NJ
All I can say is maybe find a friend who has a cable, and see if theirs works. Otherwise, if its the actual power port, you need to take it to get it looked at. I hope its still under warranty.

MrBlackz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
its way out of warranty tho guys and its not that battery thats the problem coz dats working i reinstalled tiger and had a look at system profiiler and it sed that the power cable is connected BUT not charging

MrBlackz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
guys more werid stuff is happening

last ngiht i put the ibook 2 sleep wiht the battery and charger and then took the battery out it stayed on sleep all night but when u woke it up without the battery it turned off

also it charged 2day only while it was off

IM Going crazy its werid

PLEASE SOME ONE HELP i dont wana buy a battery if i dont need it or a cable or a DC board i only wana buy wats needed cheers

kajitox

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
Okay, my friend had this exact problem last week. Basically, her battery was not charging when she was plugged in, but when it was plugged in it would run just fine. When unplugged from the wall, the battery would be empty and would thus cause the computer to shut off. We only figured out this is what was happening when we went to the Apple store to figure out why her computer would shut off whenever she unplugged it...

I would recommend finding someone else with the same battery as you to check if this is your problem. Put in their battery, start the computer and then unplug it from the external power. If your computer stays on just fine, then it's a problem with your battery not charging.

Another thing that we didn't notice before she went into the Apple store was that the light on the MagSafe adapter didn't go amber ever meaning stuff wasn't charging.

Basically, they sent it to get repaired, and she should get it back in a couple more days. If you think this is your problem, just take it to the Apple Store and explain the problem, they're really good about fixing it.

MrBlackz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
anything else guys its so weird

only charges when its off very slowly so obiously its not the dc board right coz it gets power is it the charger?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.