Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rhoda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
When I got home this evening, my ibook g4 would't turn on. Thinking it was an anomally I hit the power button again, this time the fan kicked on and the screen flickered. I pulled out the battery (it was already unplugged) and got a little concerend. I put the battery back in and tried one last time. It made about half of the starting sound, then quit. I pulled the battery out again, and called my boyfriend who had been around earlier that day, and asked if anything had happened to the computer. He said a soda had spilled behind it, but he didn't think it had reached the computer, the table cloth had soaked it. THe problem is, since I didn't know it had happened, I had gone in and worked on the computer for a while, with it plugged in. THen I put it to sleep shut it, stuck it in my bag and went out for a couple hours.

Now I have it unplugged with the battery out, in front of a fan. I'm kind of freaked out, and every search I do on this issue has to do with people who spilled on their keyboard, where this spill was behind it. Any ideas and what are the chances of survival . . .? Or could it be something like a logic board problem? And if I take it in to a Mac store, can they get my data off it? I back up, but of course I had just added a bunch of photos for a story I worked on, with a Monday evening deadline. ..

help!

thanks!

RHoda

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.