Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sam0r

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2005
Birmingham, UK
Yeah, very very strange.

You could try going into open firmware and doing this:

reset-nvram
set-defaults
reset-all

But I really can't see why your keyboard isn't working...

I hope to god it works in open firmware!

atomicchicken

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
keyboard worked and type exactly what you asked. all came back with an ok response. rebooted and still no keyboard. i had an spare ibook keyboard, my girlfriends, and swapped it out and same deal.

whats this about reseting the pmu? should i try it? im a little confused on how to do it.

atomicchicken

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
when i press all simultaneously nothing happens. but if i press power then quickly hold control, option and shift...black screen and a long pause then back to the welcome screen...no beeps or chimes so not sure if i did it right.

Sam0r

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2005
Birmingham, UK
Yeah, you're meant to press all 4 together.

The machine won't turn on. Once you've pressed the 4 keys, wait for about 10 seconds then turn it on.

It should've reset all the settings back to defaults.

Its quite funny, I've got the same problem as you, apart from the opposite, my powerbook doesn't recognize when the screen has been shut, which is a bit of a bastard because I use an external display with it.

atomicchicken

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
sam0r,

sorry for the late response but I wanted to thank you for all your help. Really, really appreciate it!!!!

So the quest goes on....does anybody else have any suggestions?

Still having the same issue and still goes to sleep...can someone help me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.