Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nfs2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
Just a quick survey of any iBook g4 owners. Do you find the screen is somewhat faded or darker on the left side? My iBook is 2 weeks old and i didnt notice it untill it was pointed out on another board. So its no big deal

Just wondering how common this is.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Mine has no colour issues side-to-side but top-to-bottom it's difficult to get the angle of incidence such that the screen is equally bright throughout. :)

verb

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2004
mad jew said:
Mine has no colour issues side-to-side but top-to-bottom it's difficult to get the angle of incidence such that the screen is equally bright throughout. :)

Good point! I am constantly adjusting the angle on that screen to get a better view. It's not the best screen Apple has produced to say the least.

nfs2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
It may just be an optical illusion of some sort, but take this forum for example. The white on the right side of the table seems brighter then the white on the left side of the table (which in direct comparison, looks kinda grey)

maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me.. *rubs eyes*

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
The left side of the forum is grey. :D

It might just be an illusion because of the sidebar making everything around it seem more dim.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    25 KB · Views: 90

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
My iBook's screen is the way you describe. I made a thread about it a bit ago, but I've learned to live with it. If Apple replaces it, it'll probably just look the same and I don't have the time to not have my iBook for another extended period of time.

Makes me angry though that they used such crappy displays.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.