iBook screen

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by nfs2, Jan 14, 2006.

1. macrumors member

Just a quick survey of any iBook g4 owners. Do you find the screen is somewhat faded or darker on the left side? My iBook is 2 weeks old and i didnt notice it untill it was pointed out on another board. So its no big deal

Just wondering how common this is.

2. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Mine has no colour issues side-to-side but top-to-bottom it's difficult to get the angle of incidence such that the screen is equally bright throughout. :)

3. macrumors member

Good point! I am constantly adjusting the angle on that screen to get a better view. It's not the best screen Apple has produced to say the least.

4. thread starter macrumors member

It may just be an optical illusion of some sort, but take this forum for example. The white on the right side of the table seems brighter then the white on the left side of the table (which in direct comparison, looks kinda grey)

maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me.. *rubs eyes*

5. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The left side of the forum is grey. :D

It might just be an illusion because of the sidebar making everything around it seem more dim.

Attached Files:

6. macrumors 603

Warbrain

My iBook's screen is the way you describe. I made a thread about it a bit ago, but I've learned to live with it. If Apple replaces it, it'll probably just look the same and I don't have the time to not have my iBook for another extended period of time.

Makes me angry though that they used such crappy displays.