Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
I'm having a bit of a problem guys. I always have something plugged into my USB ports on my iBook when it's at my desk, which is usually my USB hub. Everytime I plug my iPod Shuffle into the back USB port, the one closer to the FireWire port, my USB closet to the monitor port goes wonky. The external mouse slows down to where it's not smooth anymore and access to my external hard drive is gone. It's like when I plug in my iPod Shuffle in, it kills the back USB, but makes the front one go really slow.

I have zapped the PRAM, but not the Power Management. I don't think that would do it. Is this a case for AppleCare?

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
Yes, it is. Do you think I'd need to plug the USB hub into the wall? Because if I do, I need to do some power rearranging.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
Yeah, it has a power adapter that came with it, I just never used it. I'll try it and restart and tell you the results in about 5 minutes.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
Everything's working great now that I plugged the hub into the wall. It still takes my Lacie drive five minutes to recognize and mount, but oh well. It works and I'm happy.

Thanks madjew!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.