Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

operastarlet

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
USA
This morning my mother was on my ibook when I heard her say "what happened?" I go to the ibook and it was off. Not sleeping, completely off.And it took a while to respond to my pressing the power button. She was working on a document and was pressing some keys, but can't remember which and thinks one of them was delete. Is there a keyboard command to shut off the computer using delete, if she was pressing the apple keys or ctrl? This has never happened before and and wondering what went wrong. :confused:

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
operastarlet said:
This morning my mother was on my ibook when I heard her say "what happened?" I go to the ibook and it was off. Not sleeping, completely off.And it took a while to respond to my pressing the power button. She was working on a document and was pressing some keys, but can't remember which and thinks one of them was delete. Is there a keyboard command to shut off the computer using delete, if she was pressing the apple keys or ctrl? This has never happened before and and wondering what went wrong. :confused:
I know of one such shortcut that reboots the computer: Command+Control+Power Key. I don't know of any shortcuts to shut down the computer. The reboot shortcut is meant to be used only when the computer is not responding and cannot be restarted normally.

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
operastarlet said:
Yes, i think its command control option delete. I used to know it, and don't want to test it now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.