Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlbinoPigeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Hey all,

I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem. My iBook G4 wont go into sleep while at the end of the battery life. I'll be working on something, watching a streaming video for instance, and instead of alerting me that "the computer is now running on reserve power" like it should, it just shuts off!

I have check my energy settings and it's set to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity while on battery. But shouldn't that warning come up when there is activity near the end of battery life?

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
AlbinoPigeon said:
Hey all,

I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem. My iBook G4 wont go into sleep while at the end of the battery life. I'll be working on something, watching a streaming video for instance, and instead of alerting me that "the computer is now running on reserve power" like it should, it just shuts off!

I have check my energy settings and it's set to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity while on battery. But shouldn't that warning come up when there is activity near the end of battery life?

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
The warning has nothing to do with that 5 minutes of inactivity thing. And yes, it should warn you when there is about 10% battery life left. Maybe if you change it to percent it might warn you, but I don't have it set to time, so I don't know if it warns when it comes to time. It could also be a bad caliperation. It thinks it has 20 minutes left but it doesn't, so it just quits. Might want to replace the battery if you have had your iBook for a while and had it plugged in for long periods of time (like full time for a couple of weeks). Which means your battery would have trouble trying to hold a charge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.