Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
I made an event that takes place over a couple weeks. It also happends to cross between two different months.
My problem is that at the beginning of the next month instead of showing the bar across that day it shows 3 little dots.

I know this is a bad explanation so I included a screenshot.

You can see the three little dots on the 31st, 1st, and 2nd.

Attachments

• ical.jpg
    ical.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 96

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
well not in this case, because no matter how big I make the window it still wont show up

calhobbes

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2004
Cambridge, MA
killuminati said:
well not in this case, because no matter how big I make the window it still wont show up

I've had this problem before and it's tough to fix. It seems to be dependent on the number of untimed events that are being displayed for a given week. If you turn off the calendars for the other events that are there, or maybe change the date for one of the other events to something different and then change it back to what you want, it may fix the ellipsis problem.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
calhobbes said:
I've had this problem before and it's tough to fix. It seems to be dependent on the number of untimed events that are being displayed for a given week. If you turn off the calendars for the other events that are there, or maybe change the date for one of the other events to something different and then change it back to what you want, it may fix the ellipsis problem.

Ahh, interesting. Everything works fine unless one of the calendars are on (it has an event on one the dates with ellipses).

I mean, this is the end of the world. I was just curious why it wouldt show. Oh well, and thanks for that calhobbes

calhobbes

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2004
Cambridge, MA
killuminati said:
Ahh, interesting. Everything works fine unless one of the calendars are on (it has an event on one the dates with ellipses).

I mean, this is the end of the world. I was just curious why it wouldt show. Oh well, and thanks for that calhobbes

No problem. A great feature in iCal would be if the user could position the order of untimed events for a given day in the month view.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
calhobbes said:
No problem. A great feature in iCal would be if the user could position the order of untimed events for a given day in the month view.

yea, maybe in the next version :rolleyes:

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Wow, I never noticed this because I don't use Month view (but do use a lot of full day events!). :( But from what I've seen, doesn't Tiger have a much better iCal month view? There were other threads with people pointing out how useless the print copy of a month view is in iCal 1.x, and I thought I remember that this was an area of improvement. I couldn't find a picture of it on the Apple site that helps, though. Anyone who already has Tiger care to lend a screen grab? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.