iCal Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by killuminati, Apr 22, 2005.

1. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I made an event that takes place over a couple weeks. It also happends to cross between two different months.
    My problem is that at the beginning of the next month instead of showing the bar across that day it shows 3 little dots.

I know this is a bad explanation so I included a screenshot.

You can see the three little dots on the 31st, 1st, and 2nd.

Attached Files:

2. Bear macrumors G3

Usually the eliipses (...) means that the iCal window needs to be bigger in order for iCal to show everything for that day.

3. killuminati thread starter macrumors 68020

killuminati

well not in this case, because no matter how big I make the window it still wont show up

4. calhobbes macrumors member

I've had this problem before and it's tough to fix. It seems to be dependent on the number of untimed events that are being displayed for a given week. If you turn off the calendars for the other events that are there, or maybe change the date for one of the other events to something different and then change it back to what you want, it may fix the ellipsis problem.

5. killuminati thread starter macrumors 68020

killuminati

Ahh, interesting. Everything works fine unless one of the calendars are on (it has an event on one the dates with ellipses).

I mean, this is the end of the world. I was just curious why it wouldt show. Oh well, and thanks for that calhobbes

6. calhobbes macrumors member

No problem. A great feature in iCal would be if the user could position the order of untimed events for a given day in the month view.

7. killuminati thread starter macrumors 68020

killuminati

yea, maybe in the next version :rolleyes:

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Wow, I never noticed this because I don't use Month view (but do use a lot of full day events!). :( But from what I've seen, doesn't Tiger have a much better iCal month view? There were other threads with people pointing out how useless the print copy of a month view is in iCal 1.x, and I thought I remember that this was an area of improvement. I couldn't find a picture of it on the Apple site that helps, though. Anyone who already has Tiger care to lend a screen grab? :D