Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t3nchu

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010
ICaughtU Pro 1.0.3 seems to be working ok. It takes picture and sent mail. No problem with SMS and FaceTime. I have problem with versions 1.1 to the latest update.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I've used them both and honestly, deleted them both. I'll just keep an extra careful eye not to leave my iPhone laying around.
Such a hassle every time I want access.

Sure, I could get it stolen but the slight annoyance caused by constantly unlocking my iPhone isn't worth it.

enamz

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2012
Is anyone else's icaughtu not sending emails ? I reinstalled a few times and still the same thing

i had da same problem but now resolved. turned on location services which was turned off by mistake. (settings --> location services --> icaughtUsenderpro (turn it on) )

miroesq

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2009
Accuracy

I had IGotYa and I just switched and bought ICaughtU Pro because it has a lot more customization and allows for SMS Commands, which is great. I do however have three questions listed in order of priority.

1. Assuming both programs retrieve the phone's coordinates from the OS, how come I CONSISTENTLY get much more accurate coordinates with IGotYa than with ICaughtU Pro?

2. When I setup a Gmail email account in ICaughtU Pro, the emails containing the pic and location always come through and practically immediately. If I use an @me.com email account (tested it with 2 accounts) the emails sometimes don't come through at all (not even in the junk folder) and if they do come through, they could be delayed by as much as 20 minutes. Furthermore, they come without the jpg as an attachment and are just an extremely long email full of jibberish.

3. I live in a community with three apartment complexes. When I click on the coordinates in the emails, they open in Google Maps and sometimes there is just a red bubble with the letter A pinpointing where the phone is and sometimes there is a red bubble with the letter A pinpointing where the building is (either my building or the one next over) and a green arrow pinpointing where the telephone is (my apartment). Why the different results and what triggers it?

TheAppleCraze

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2012
Apparently, iGotYa has a problem now too. If you have enabled the safe mode on iGotYa's settings, you will notice that it will hide most of the apps on your iDevive, but NOT the "maps" app. The thief can then access the app and click on the little arrow on top, and a message will appear saying "would you like to turn on location settings?" When the first time the thief pressed the settings option, yes, the device will exit out to the springboard. But the second time, he will be directed to the settings. There, he could edit any settings within the system. From then on, you practically have 0% chance of getting back your iDevice. Correct me if I am wrong but is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Apparently, iGotYa has a problem now too. If you have enabled the safe mode on iGotYa's settings, you will notice that it will hide most of the apps on your iDevive, but NOT the "maps" app. The thief can then access the app and click on the little arrow on top, and a message will appear saying "would you like to turn on location settings?" When the first time the thief pressed the settings option, yes, the device will exit out to the springboard. But the second time, he will be directed to the settings. There, he could edit any settings within the system. From then on, you practically have 0% chance of getting back your iDevice. Correct me if I am wrong but is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

And the chances the theif will discover that bug/workaround step sequence?
He can just pop the sim card out or just restore it instead.

TheAppleCraze

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2012
And the chances the theif will discover that bug/workaround step sequence?
He can just pop the sim card out or just restore it instead.

If I, a 15-year old could figure it out, why can't the thief do it? Yes, removing the sim card would be a smarter and more efficient way of securing a stolen iPhone. But, certainly the process will take quite some time? He needs a very sharp and thin object to remove that lid, which most people won't bring along with them when they are out. Restoring also means requiring a laptop. Surely you don't go around stealing iPhones with a laptop in your hand, do you?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
If I, a 15-year old could figure it out, why can't the thief do it? Yes, removing the sim card would be a smarter and more efficient way of securing a stolen iPhone. But, certainly the process will take quite some time? He needs a very sharp and thin object to remove that lid, which most people won't bring along with them when they are out. Restoring also means requiring a laptop. Surely you don't go around stealing iPhones with a laptop in your hand, do you?

Im just saying what are the chances that the thief will even open the maps app, hit the little arrow on top, then select yes enable location services, then he will get kicked off and then he will do the same exact steps and will get to the settings and then from there he will know how to disable find my iphone or whatever. And that's a big IF the owner of the device has even enabled safe mode and the hide all apps feature of the program.
Far fetched for people to try those same steps buts its still a bug that needs to be fixed none the less though.

TheAppleCraze

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2012
I bet you pirated the app. Let's hope people steal your idevice like how you steal from dev.

You bet... Sad to tell you, you have lost your gamble. I am currently trying out the free trial of iGotYa. Reasons for the age bias-ness?

----------

Im just saying what are the chances that the thief will even open the maps app, hit the little arrow on top, then select yes enable location services, then he will get kicked off and then he will do the same exact steps and will get to the settings and then from there he will know how to disable find my iphone or whatever. And that's a big IF the owner of the device has even enabled safe mode and the hide all apps feature of the program.
Far fetched for people to try those same steps buts its still a bug that needs to be fixed none the less though.

Of course the chances of figuring these whole process out would be very slim. However, I am just stating a precaution that everyone should take of they are using iGotYa. I have discovered a solution to this problem. Head over to settings -> location settings -> on ,and then, settings -> restrictions -> on -> location -> don't allow changes. Having said that, all these discussion about anti-theft tweaks should be kept at their optimal performance, so we the consumers can have better sense of security, doesn't it?

Sidjain

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
Guys one request to u... Please let me know about any app which is equal to iCaught u for iphone 4 ( jail break not done ) .. I don't want to jail break my phone so tell me any security app which clicks photo from front camera when wrong passcode is entered .. I would appreciate for ur help :)

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Guys one request to u... Please let me know about any app which is equal to iCaught u for iphone 4 ( jail break not done ) .. I don't want to jail break my phone so tell me any security app which clicks photo from front camera when wrong passcode is entered .. I would appreciate for ur help :)

There's no such thing for a stock iPhone.
You can only get that with a jb device.
Only thing closer would be the find my iPhone feature.

Sidjain

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
There's no such thing for a stock iPhone.
You can only get that with a jb device.
Only thing closer would be the find my iPhone feature.

okay thank you dude,.. anyways let me know about any cool awesome app which i should try... thank you..

Bantawa

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2013
I'ld prefer using iGotYa because it works more smoothly than iCaughtU/ Pro. iCaughtU is not that accurate. The only good thing about iCaughtU is that it has more options n is little cheaper than iGotYa. But whats the use of it if it doesnt work properly.

Auxo

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2013
A³tweaks
I'ld prefer using iGotYa because it works more smoothly than iCaughtU/ Pro. iCaughtU is not that accurate. The only good thing about iCaughtU is that it has more options n is little cheaper than iGotYa. But whats the use of it if it doesnt work properly.
I've heard the same but about iGotYa hehe. :D
iCaughtU works great here!

Soy123

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2014
Don't get icaughtu pro with biteyourapple repo it put my friends phone into a shutdown power on loop and he had to restore

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Don't get icaughtu pro with biteyourapple repo it put my friends phone into a shutdown power on loop and he had to restore
Oh you mean like illegally, instead of paying for it?

Yeah, imagine that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.