Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrxguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Deepest Regions of Hell
In iChat when ever someone sends me pics they just come up as white sheets and i have to drag them onto the desktop to open them...anyhelp!??!?

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
wrxguy said:
In iChat when ever someone sends me pics they just come up as white sheets and i have to drag them onto the desktop to open them...anyhelp!??!?

This means they are on Windows and have simply copied and pasted an image to you. Request them to first save it to their computer and then send it to you as a jpg. The problem lies with Windows copy and paste sending it as a .bmp. It shows in iChat as "*noname*". Dragging it to the desktop and naming it file.jpg (choose to "add extension") lets you open it.

wrxguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Deepest Regions of Hell
awsome thanks man!!! this is why im adicted to this forum...you put in a question and like 2 minutes later you get a good answer and no ******** THANKS! :D

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
wrxguy said:
awsome thanks man!!! this is why im adicted to this forum...you put in a question and like 2 minutes later you get a good answer and no ******** THANKS! :D

Thanks! Happens to me all the time, so I just thought I'd pass the knowledge along. Tell all your friends to get a Mac and it won't happen! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.