Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monty77

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
UK, South Coast
I have 2 contact groups setup in iCloud. One for me, one for my wife and they sync to our respective iPhones. If I add a contact to my group in OSX it appears in my group on the phone, no probs there.

If I add a brand new contact on the iPhone it also appears back in OSX in my group, all OK there. However if I add a contact from a phone number / text (rather than keying it in) it doesn't go to my group. Back in OSX it's not in my group (or my wife's), but it does show if I go into 'All iCloud'.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
M

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I have 2 contact groups setup in iCloud. One for me, one for my wife and they sync to our respective iPhones. If I add a contact to my group in OSX it appears in my group on the phone, no probs there.

If I add a brand new contact on the iPhone it also appears back in OSX in my group, all OK there. However if I add a contact from a phone number / text (rather than keying it in) it doesn't go to my group. Back in OSX it's not in my group (or my wife's), but it does show if I go into 'All iCloud'.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
M

Not totally sure, but it probably defaults to your main contacts setting. I would think you can edit the entry to assign it to the appropriate group.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.