Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

InfiniteLoopy

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
Hi all,

I'm wondering if iCloud will also work with app data, to keep it synced between devices. For example, if I create a note in a note-taking app on my iPhone and have the same app on my iPad, will iCloud sync that note between devices if the developer uses iCloud's API?

Additionally, could we imagine syncing iOS devices and apps with Mac apps via iCloud if the developers use the API?

Thanks,

GabooN

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2008
Windsor, Ontario
The keynote made it seems like if devs made use of the APIs, then it would work as a sync between devices. Without any changes by devs, iCloud will already backup the data just as it already did to itunes on your mac.

InfiniteLoopy

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
That would be quite interesting then. I guess it would also work in games that are compatible with both iPhones and iPads where you could continue on one where you last were on the other.

iKennett

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2007
Hi all,

I'm wondering if iCloud will also work with app data, to keep it synced between devices. For example, if I create a note in a note-taking app on my iPhone and have the same app on my iPad, will iCloud sync that note between devices if the developer uses iCloud's API?

Additionally, could we imagine syncing iOS devices and apps with Mac apps via iCloud if the developers use the API?

Thanks,

This is how I took things also.

I guess the only point to mention is it wouldn't be a push service... each device would have to sync.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.