Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
My iCloud free storage space seems to be incorrect. I have 2.4GB of backups (iPad and iPhone), and about 300MB data for apps synced to iCloud. If you do the math, you'll know I should have around 2.3GB available. However, my iCloud free storage space is only 1.1GB. Somehow, 1.2GB of my iCloud storage space is missing (or at least unaccounted for). Anyone know how to fix this? :confused:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My iCloud free storage space seems to be incorrect. I have 2.4GB of backups (iPad and iPhone), and about 300MB data for apps synced to iCloud. If you do the math, you'll know I should have around 2.3GB available. However, my iCloud free storage space is only 1.1GB. Somehow, 1.2GB of my iCloud storage space is missing (or at least unaccounted for). Anyone know how to fix this? :confused:

From the "Manage Storage" page (where it shows your devices), scroll down past Documents & Data to look at Mail. How much space does it say next to that?

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
From the "Manage Storage" page (where it shows your devices), scroll down past Documents & Data to look at Mail. How much space does it say next to that?

What I don't get is that you can untick mail in the iCloud backup settings and yet it still has a data figure for mail?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
What I don't get is that you can untick mail in the iCloud backup settings and yet it still has a data figure for mail?

If you're talking about on the basic iCloud page, that's not to stop mail from backing up, that's to turn off the iCloud mail account. Your other mail accounts will still be backed up.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
If you're talking about on the basic iCloud page, that's not to stop mail from backing up, that's to turn off the iCloud mail account. Your other mail accounts will still be backed up.

Aha, so you can't pass on backing up mail then?
I don't see the point, my mail accounts always exist whether on iCloud or not. If it's just saving the settings then I reinstall my accounts after each iOS install anyway, due to 'issues' in the past.

William Wales

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2015
Los Angeles
Go to your backup on the iPhone settings, hit show all apps, turn off one of the apps for back up. Turn it back on. Now you can delete your iCloud backup and try again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.