iCloud Gallery?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by dmk1974, Jun 6, 2011.

1. macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Did I totally miss it, or is Gallery not porting over to iCloud?

2. macrumors newbie

I sure hope some similar feature exists. I use the online galleries more than anything else in mobileme.

3. thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Same here. It's great for sharing photos and videos with distant relatives.

4. macrumors 6502a

iggypod

My thoughts exactly. I sure don't want to lose all my gallery albums. I'm hoping there will be an icloud equivalent.

FYI, more details in this thread.

5. macrumors 6502

ditto. I'm worried about losing this feature, it's something my family uses a lot.

although I also rely on the wireless sync'ing of my contacts, calendar and bookmarks between devices, which already works perfectly now - I hope the transition to iCloud doesn't screw that up

6. macrumors newbie

same here, I nice that the service becomes free, but it has to port my Galleries.

7. macrumors 6502

I use galleries a lot - it's the best part of MobileMe. Giving my family and friends a username and password is great. I was looking at alternatives when I was considering dropping MobileMe and although there are a few, mm looks the best.

I'm happy to pay for galleries (with extra storage)

8. macrumors 65816

munkees

I sure :apple: will come up with some kind of sharing system for photos and videos like the MM gallery, I doubt they would leave this out. There is still a lot of unknowns with the whole iCloud, I am just going to sit back and wait and see what happens.