Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

godzilla1200

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2011
I cannot send email messages using Mail app in mac. Support Articles from Apple says that you need to change the ports of SMTP and IMAP, but there is no way to do that since Mail does not longer allow Manual configuration.

I am getting really pissed off because I have been trying to get it to work and it just doesn't. I would really like to go to Apple HQ and show Tim Cook how their Lion OS is ***** and the worst OS ever (including Windows).

Nothing in Lion works the way is supposed to. I even made a clean install of Lion and still fing iCloud doesn't want to work!

crucius

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
Portugal
I cannot send email messages using Mail app in mac. Support Articles from Apple says that you need to change the ports of SMTP and IMAP, but there is no way to do that since Mail does not longer allow Manual configuration.

I am getting really pissed off because I have been trying to get it to work and it just doesn't. I would really like to go to Apple HQ and show Tim Cook how their Lion OS is ***** and the worst OS ever (including Windows).

Nothing in Lion works the way is supposed to. I even made a clean install of Lion and still fing iCloud doesn't want to work!

what do you mean? i have Lion and i just changed smtp settings according to apple support (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4002) and now i can send and receive messages through my iCloud account on OS X Mail

Mohawk68

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Sussex, UK
what do you mean? i have Lion and i just changed smtp settings according to apple support (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4002) and now i can send and receive messages through my iCloud account on OS X Mail

I'm having the exact same problem as Godzilla1200, mail in OSX will not let me change the email settings for iCloud IMAP or SMTP as it instructs you to in the Apple support page linked by Crucius

Mohawk68

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Sussex, UK

I managed to get my iCloud (me.com) address working again on my MacBook.

Deleted iCloud account from the accounts in mail app preferences, quit mail, open system preferences, select the iCloud icon and check the mail box.

Hope it works for anyone having trouble with this as it worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.