Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nellie456

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2019
Hi all,

I have the iPhone 11 running iOS 13.3.

I noticed some time back that I became unable to 'generate a new password' when creating an account in safari like I used to be able to do. It would show as the attached image shows however I am no longer able to do this.
I do own a MacBook Pro and can still do this on here and I own an iPad Air 2 which I am have the same issue with.

In an attempt to solve the issue I tried turning off iCloud Keychain in the settings on my iPhone however when I click the toggle switch from on to off it asks the following
1. Turn off iCloud Keychain? Turning off iCloud Keychain on this device will also turn off iCloud Keychain on other devices running iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite or earlier.
So I click continue and put in my password but the toggle switch just goes back to on.

If anyone can shed some light on as to why I can no longer generate the strong password or why I can't turn off iCloud Keychain on any of my devices I'd be grateful.

Attachments

• iOS-12-Strong-Passwords-3.png
    iOS-12-Strong-Passwords-3.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 162
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.