Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Just noticed today that since the install of beta 1, my phone has not backed up to iCloud. I did a manual backup today but it failed, three times on two different wifi networks. Anyone else have this issue? I want to backup before I move to B2.

ZomBee

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2014
Had a similar issue. Backup also states it's 0kb. I believe this is a known issue. I did a manual backup via iTunes to be safe. ;)

TefaTBob

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2015
Still broken for me on Beta 2. Also have the issue where there's a Backup that I can't delete now.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Working for me now. Did a backup. Hopefully still continues as the days pass.

TefaTBob

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2015
Still screwed. There is a 9.8gb backup that it won't let me delete via iOS or OS X, and even though I have 20gb, it says I only have 200 something MB left and there's not enough room to make another backup. So I can't delete, or backup... To top it off every time I try to look at the iPhone in iTunes, iTunes hangs.... Bleh

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
Exact same issues here.. iPad won't backup because it says not enough space, ipad backup seems to have vanished from iCloud, along with ~6 gigs of used storage.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Neither my iPad or 6 plus backed up to iCloud whilst on Beta1. Would always fail. Now on Beta2 and backups working fine. Not had an issue with orphaned backup files or storage *crosses fingers*

S8ER01Z

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2015
I was able to delete my backup today without doing anything from OS X 10.11 iCloud panel. I just tried it to see if maybe Apple had fixed something on their end.

Testing backup now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.