Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kolture

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2010
san juan capistrano,ca
steve wozniak book

i know this has nothing to do with any iphone related subject. but have any of u read iwoz the autobiography of steve wozniak? and if you have, how is it? do you recommend it?

robotkiller

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2009
Wozniak is a brilliant engineer, but he's not the kind of egomaniacal evil genius that Jobs is. Which is exactly the kind of guy you want in order to take over the world. Woz was instrumental in the birth of Apple, but that company has long since died.

That said, he's a billionaire geek who's loving life and spending his time and money doing exactly what he wants. Sounds good to me.

Damnations!

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2010
Yes
I just finished the book, if anyone has some free time then pick it up, its great :)
I wholeheartedly disagree. iWoz: From Computer Geek to Cult Icon: How I Invented the Personal Computer, Co-Founded Apple, and Had Fun Doing It is one of THE worst books ever. I much prefer the bourne books, as they are interesting. I am sorry, you are entitled to your opinion. (but it's wrong...)

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
Been thinking about picking it up for quite some time, I'll do it when I have finished the books at home I haven't read yet :)

antster94

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
London, UK
I wholeheartedly disagree. iWoz: From Computer Geek to Cult Icon: How I Invented the Personal Computer, Co-Founded Apple, and Had Fun Doing It is one of THE worst books ever. I much prefer the bourne books, as they are interesting. I am sorry, you are entitled to your opinion. (but it's wrong...)

Well I found it pretty interesting tbh, might just be as I'm a bit of a Woz fan haha.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir

Your comparison of iWoz and the Bourne books make zero sense.

It's like saying "this pizza sucks because I like cake more."

Bonch

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2005
Lithuania
I haven't read this whole thread but if it hasn't been mentioned yet, Steve Jobs hated iCon as an unauthorized biography so much that he banned ALL publications from the publisher John Wiley & Sons from all Apple Stores. Just sayin'.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.