icon weirdness

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ifjake, Mar 13, 2005.

1. ifjake macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2004
    the "movies" folder icon in my home folder was somehow mysteriously changed to look like the preview app icon. (what the heck?!) i have my home folder on the dock for quick reference and when i click and hold on that, the little icon looks correct, but the big one in the normal finder window is wrong. also, when viewing my home folder in list mode or column mode, the icon is something indiscernible. how can i fix this? and could i actually apply a different icon to other folders as well once i get this back to normal? that might be fun. thanks.
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Try repairing the permissions using the Disk Utility in the Utilities folder under Applications. Hopefully that'll work... :)
  3. russed macrumors 68000

Jan 16, 2004
    London, England
    i have had that problem before. its just a matter of repairing permissions and everything will be sorted out!
  4. ifjake thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2004
    oh well i already repaired permissions and it didn't seem to work. i think i'll repair them again and try relaunching finder. haven't tried that yet ...... that did it. so repairing permissions may or may not have done anything, but relaunching the finder was the ticket.