Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ifjake

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
the "movies" folder icon in my home folder was somehow mysteriously changed to look like the preview app icon. (what the heck?!) i have my home folder on the dock for quick reference and when i click and hold on that, the little icon looks correct, but the big one in the normal finder window is wrong. also, when viewing my home folder in list mode or column mode, the icon is something indiscernible. how can i fix this? and could i actually apply a different icon to other folders as well once i get this back to normal? that might be fun. thanks.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
i have had that problem before. its just a matter of repairing permissions and everything will be sorted out!

ifjake

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
oh well i already repaired permissions and it didn't seem to work. i think i'll repair them again and try relaunching finder. haven't tried that yet ...... that did it. so repairing permissions may or may not have done anything, but relaunching the finder was the ticket.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.