Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Those are absolutely the most absurd things I've ever seen.

For the man who never wants to get laid, announcing iCufflinks!

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
I don't wear cufflinks very often, but if I did, I would totally want them to be these. This is pretty cool.

It almost makes me want to add cufflinks to my T-Shirts... Wear them like Pips

nempicardpipfp9.jpg

Go to ROTC you can get those, then you can be a Full bird ...

Optheduim

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2011
NYC
OK I am a huge mac loser just like the rest of you... HOWEVER... IF I EVER WALKED INTO A BUSINESS MEETING AND MY CUFFLINKS ARE "BREATHING" (aka Blinking)... I'd be called an idiot and i'd never get promoted.

Unless you're the CEO... don't buy these!

Exhumed

macrumors member
May 12, 2011
Yeah sorry Apple, if by "psychologically appealing" you mean "less annoying than a regular blinking light" then okay, sure, I guess.

Does anyone else cover their Macbook with something before going to bed each night? I use my laptop mostly in/on my bed, and it's damn annoying to have a pulsing blue glow as I try to sleep at night.

I turn off the power strip that powers my home entertainment system too; I like pitch darkness. I wonder if there's another solution. I like to sleep with a fan on to provide white noise and air circulation, and it has a light too. I rely on so many electronics now; if I left everything on at night my room would light up like a Christmas tree.

wackymacky

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2007
38°39′20″N 27°13′10″W
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I would like them if it wasn't for the flashing I'd quite like them. Or if they could have a minitursed wifi mountable drive.

snej

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2003
Interestingly, neither the current iMac, nor the Macbook Air features a standby indicator. I think this blinkenlight is on its way out.

Lazrhog

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2010
UK
Damn I wish I thought of that !! So cool.

My Nephew just said "but whats the point ?". Lol, evidently no Geek !

The Beatles

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yeah cool but lame at the same time. I mean think about what one is communicating with those cuff links. "I'm in sleep mode".

And people will be intrigued when they first see them yet when your asked about them all you can say is "im in sleep mode" what a turn off.

seedster2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2007
NYC

OK I am a huge mac loser just like the rest of you... HOWEVER... IF I EVER WALKED INTO A BUSINESS MEETING AND MY CUFFLINKS ARE "BREATHING" (aka Blinking)... I'd be called an idiot and i'd never get promoted.

It's hard to imagine someone would buy these

Tried to get them yesterday, but they are sold out..

Apple should make these :mad:

I spoke too soon

Truffy

macrumors 6502a
Yeah cool but lame at the same time. I mean think about what one is communicating with those cuff links. "I'm in sleep mode".

And people will be intrigued when they first see them yet when your asked about them all you can say is "im in sleep mode" what a turn off.
I felt the same way. They look :cool: really they do, but when asked what they mean, let's face it :eek:

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.

LOL true. Imagine wearing those while giving a presentation at a business meeting. Zzzzzzzzzz...

Silverfist

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2008
Silicon Valley

You *can* choose when and where to wear them, you know... normal cufflinks for business attire, and these for Christmas parties or other times when a little bit of whimsy is good...

How about "ready for full power at any time"? A bit more optimistic... ;)

It's hard to imagine someone would buy these

http://www.cuff-daddy.com/novelty-cufflinks.html
http://www.ecufflink.com/fun_cufflinks/index.html
http://www.linkyourshirt.com/trendy-cufflinks/cat_40.html

There's a fairly large business in novelty cufflinks. I own more than a few myself; why not appreciate a little creativity?

doctor-don

macrumors 68000
Dec 26, 2008
Georgia USA
what the hell is a cuff link?!?
EDIT:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cufflink
OK.... That's weird.

Young punk.

it be cool if they could actually wake your mac too, but if i ws a rich person i would defiantly buy those.

Stay in school.

I do not know about you all but my Dell from 2006 has the same p[power button on the tower and the monitor. I believe this design is not exclusive to Apple but may be universal for moist computers

You didn't really say that!

You can't seriously not know what cuff links are...

Sure he can. There are du[cough]mb as[cough]ses everywhere.

doctor-don

macrumors 68000
Dec 26, 2008
Georgia USA

I would like them if it wasn't for the flashing I'd quite like them. Or if they could have a minitursed wifi mountable drive.

Then what would be the point?

doctor-don

macrumors 68000
Dec 26, 2008
Georgia USA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Maybe you would prefer having your avatar for cufflinks.

Personally, I plan on never wearing cufflinks again.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
It screams "I can't get laid for love nor gold" in a kitschy, tacky, low-class style.
Wear them to Super Bowl parties.

X5-452

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
Calgary, Canada
I remember telling some of my Windows friends that the sleep indicator pulsed like the machine was breathing.... They all thought it was creepy :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.