Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thumper

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
Under the Sea
this looks like a good idea, but i saw it at a computer store with a 17pb and the pb kept sliding down almost falling off of it.

anyone have this. i wanna get something nice to mount my 17 inches of wonder but id kill myself if it fell off the icurve.:eek:

slipper

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2003
it has little feet on the laptop surface so it shouldnt slide off. the bottom surface also has feet to keep it from sliding. the biggest problem you will probably have is the laptop tipping over. you cant open the laptop from a closed position without using two hands, one holding it from tipping.

vwcruisn

macrumors regular
May 7, 2003
Santa Monica, Ca
I have a 17inch on my icurve. no problems of slipping whatsoever. also i have never needed to use two hands to open my powerbook while on the icurve. if you are having problems with this, then your powerbook must not be centered.

niter

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2003
I received the iCurve for Christmas, and it is one of my favorite gifts. I have an iBook 12", but I do not see any reason it would not hold a 17". To start off with it has 4 pads on the arms which hold the computer in perfect postion. They really hold. Just in case, there are two more pads to stick to the ends to make a shelf type edge to it. Nothing will budge.

I woud think that the one at the store is probably worn or really trashed. Think about how many people have touched that computer....perhaps the pads were pulled off by tampering hands....

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
I also got an iCurve for Christmas for my 12 inch PB, and it's great. As long as you don't plan on typing on it (you'll need to use exteral keyboard – I'm lovin' my apple wireless!) you shouldn't have any problems.

Anna

macrumors regular
May 25, 2003
Australia
it is an excellent creation, but make sure that the pads are adhered correctly before putting your mac on it

Anna

macrumors regular
May 25, 2003
Australia
it is not designed for typing, merely to be the same height as your display (so dual disp. can be used) cheers.

thumper

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
Under the Sea
$$$

dont you think its a little expensive?

here in canada its $59.99
thats $70 with taxes for a little stand

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
Yeah, I guess that it is a bit expensive ( I got mine while on vacation in the states, so that made the price seem more reasonable). On the other hand, it's not like placing your computer on a pile of books to raise it to the right height - it allows for a lot more air circulation around the bottom of the computer, which has been quite noticable - my fan doesn't run as often or for as long as it did when my PB was sitting on my desk. Also it's transparent which allows it to sort of blend in with the rest of your desk.

Of course, if your desk is covered in wires like mine, that might not be so desirable...

macrat

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2003
Maui
My PB17 sits on an iCurve since May and no problems at all with sliding and potential tip-overs. The iCurve supports the PB17 from front to back. Pair it with a Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse (and Soundsticks speakers too!) and you will have a great looking and effective desktop combo. It also compliments the iPod sitting on its cradle, next to the Airport Extreme!

Expensive? No worry bruddah, you are matching it with an expensive and the best and the most beautiful laptop!
:D

thumper

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
Under the Sea
cool, i just bought the apple wireless keyboard and its AWESOME,

thanks for your replys, i think ill go get the iCurve.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.