Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hyroboarder

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
I think this is the right sub-forum for this, but I thought I would share an idea about the next cinema displays.

With the release of Leopard and much of its features, I think one of the biggest improvements apple has been working on is Time Machine. Maybe the next cinema displays will have an internal HDD inside them for backing up data with Time Machine. Anyone ever think of this? I think this would actually be something apple could do, since they can fit HDD's in imacs which are like 2" thick.

MacTCP

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2007
That would be useful. A Display and a Backup Drive combined seems like a good idea!

hollywoodmacguy

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2007
I think this is the right sub-forum for this, but I thought I would share an idea about the next cinema displays.

With the release of Leopard and much of its features, I think one of the biggest improvements apple has been working on is Time Machine. Maybe the next cinema displays will have an internal HDD inside them for backing up data with Time Machine. Anyone ever think of this? I think this would actually be something apple could do, since they can fit HDD's in imacs which are like 2" thick.

Sounds like a good idea. As does the simple idea of actually updating the Cinema Displays!! :)

It's been so long since they were meaningfully refreshed and they really need built in iSight... I've also been thinking a redesign/launch in October would be the perfect way to showcase Leopard. Just a helpful hint :apple:! ;)

Mac One

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2007
NZ
That's a cool idea - but it would be pricy
I don't really think it would happen though as many unimformed wouldn't see a purpose and buy something cheaper. Apple probably wouldn't want the thickness to stay the same or go thicker either.
But if it came out I sure would buy one!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.