Idea Macrumors.com email service?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by acidrock, May 14, 2004.

1. macrumors 6502

hey I just had an idea to have a paid macrumors.com email address. There are several advantages, we have a lot of members. It would be advertising for the site when they sent out emails to friends. It could bring in revinue that could be added to the site hosting and others. And I think it would be just way cool to have an email @macrumors.com ! I know a lot of people that come to the site already have email, but what do you guys think? I love the website, and as long as the cost was reasonable, I'd be willing to pay

nathan

2. macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    it would be nice to have a larger capacity inbox than hotmail

but i wonder what the pricing scheme would be

3. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

it would definitely be cool. back when i ran websites, there were very simple free email services that webmasters could plug right into their sites. dunno if they still exist or not.

btw nathan, i'm going to see Margaret Cho tonight :D

paul

4. macrumors 6502

party

margaret cho? isnt she that one lesbian korean chick who set the asians back another 50 years???...lol :D

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

yea but she has rice rights, which is when you've been discrimingated against for being a person of color so she has the right to talk about her own race if she wants to! well, that's what she says.

Paul Send me a private message about the show, I want to see if she does the same material, have fun.

nathan

6. macrumors 6502

KC9AIC

I thought about the possibility of a macrumors.com email address, and decided that spymac already offers a service that's hard to beat. I just signed up for spymac within the last hour.

7. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Hard to beat? It's dog slow, and unreliable, not exactly anything to shout about IMO. I'd rather it was just say 50-100MB an usable :rolleyes:

8. macrumors 6502

KC9AIC

Ok. I'll certainly grant you that. Keep in mind that when I wrote that, I hadn't successfully used it yet. As far as specifications, it's hard to beat. In the real world, it's unusable.