Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benpope

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2003
London
I want to edit some pictures in iDVD via firewire from a digital camcorder and then burn them onto a DVD. Firstly, is there a way I can import the movies as uncompressed pictures, and secondly when I have finished editing iDVD won't let me 'save as' anything like an mpeg. Any ideas?

Ben.

Sol

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2003
Australia
Video making

Oh boy, where to start?

First of all, iDVD is not for editing video or pictures. iPhoto is the application for downloading pictures from your still camera. iMovie is for capturing and editing video from your video camera. Once a movie is edited you can save it as a .MOV file which can be converted into an MPEG-1 file (for V-CDs) via the Titanium Toast software. Should you want to make a DVD then you would need iDVD which will convert the video to MPEG-2 and burn the disc (assuming you have a SuperDrive equipped Mac). I would go into more detail but that would take the fun out of the making of your first DVD. Perhaps you would be better guided through the process by purchasing a how-to manual such as The Little iDVD Book or checking out Apple's web-site at http://www.apple.com/ilife/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.