Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purdueboiler87

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Clearwater, FL
Well, knock on wood, last night I let it sleep and this a.m. it woke up OK. Let it sleep all day as well and it woke up when I got home.

All I have done to my MP is:

- Install Raptor drive and set it as the boot drive

- Install 1TB and 500GB drives

- Add 4gig of memory from Transintl.com

peejack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Like it isn't tempting to punch a 'genius' when they're clearly just standing around chatting and have the cheek to insist you make an appointment anyway. What a load of pretentious crap that is. </side note>

Oh I was there yesterday and thought exactly the same thing, thought it was just me, they told me to go away and come in 20 mins :mad:

darthraige

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2007
Coruscant, but Boston will do.
No. At first that's what he thought. I believe he swapped drives and still had the same issues. Let's HOPE this is just a few isolated incidents....

Yea, it couldn't of been the hard drives. It was locking up on Apple's Hard Drive and my Western Digital. And now I am using my WD with no problem on the new machine. It was probably a Logic Board issue. The one I'm on now feels faster than the last one. I love this computer, best purchase ever. I just hope the 8800GT doesn't draw any issues.

pkoch1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
Boston
i just asked this on darthraige's thread too, but does the computer restart on its own or does it kernel panic? cause mine is kernel panicking every time i wake it up and im wondering if we have the same issue.

echoout

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Austin, Texas
Apple's Genius Bar system is the most condescending ******** ever. I have yet to walk in and talk with a "Genius" where they even had any idea what I was talking about. They always spend half an hour running diagnostics and come to the same conclusion I walked in with, and speak to me as if they had a revelation or something. I love Apple computers but despise their culture. Lame!

-"not a cultist"

Like it isn't tempting to punch a 'genius' when they're clearly just standing around chatting and have the cheek to insist you make an appointment anyway. What a load of pretentious crap that is. </side note>

HansG

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2007
Hi there,
sorry for my english :)

I think, I fixed the sleep/reboot problem for me. I changed the base configuration by adding 2 more hdds and 4 gig ram. I reinstalled leopard and the Mac Pro rebooted every time I let him went to sleep...

I resetted PRAM by pressing ALT+CMD+P+R and now the sleep-mode has been working for 2 days (tried about 10 times)...

Hope this might help someone...

BTW: I am booting from one Raptor HDD...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.