Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MiniD3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2013
Australia
Hi Guys,
Wife's iPhone 7 ,
the charger gets extremely hot when charging
is this a problem
Regards,
Gary

JonnyMacx86

macrumors regular
Staff member
Feb 10, 2024
Halifax, NS
If she’s using a genuine Apple charger and not one from a gas station, I wouldn’t worry too much unless it’s quite old or is damaged. They do get pretty warm, especially if you’re using the device while it charges. Thankfully iPhone chargers are not very expensive if you need to ease your mind about it. Never hurts to have a spare charger, either.

Reactions: Reverend Benny

MiniD3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2013
Australia
If she’s using a genuine Apple charger and not one from a gas station, I wouldn’t worry too much unless it’s quite old or is damaged. They do get pretty warm, especially if you’re using the device while it charges. Thankfully iPhone chargers are not very expensive if you need to ease your mind about it. Never hurts to have a spare charger, either.
Much appreciated !
Thank you,
I guess a spare "new" charger would not go astray in any case!
Regards,
Gary

Reactions: JonnyMacx86

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2022
Thank you,
Off for a new charger today
Regards,
Gary
Highly suggest getting one from Apple or ordering/buying one from Anker. i do not even trust Amazon anymore on some things as counterfeit devices are everywhere.

Anker makes outstanding products at a reasonable price. Do not forget what cable you are using.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.