If you are an enrolled developer, can you work on multiple on macs???

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by e8w117, Oct 28, 2009.

1. macrumors member

Total newbie question.

If you register, is there any type of license that binds you to any one machine??? Any help, would be greatly appreciated.

2. macrumors 6502a

You can work on multiple Macs. The only limit is the number of devices (iPhones, iPod Touches) on which you can test. The limit is 100 devices.

3. macrumors 6502

I do it all the time, the only thing you need to do is to install your certificates and keys on the second machine. Apple has instructions on how to do this after you've enrolled.

4. thread starter macrumors member

5. macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Tip: I use dropbox* to store my projects and other assets for portability between my two macs.

* I know, I know - it's not an SCM, but it works for me.

6. macrumors 603

Apple does have instructions on how to put your developer keys and certificates on multiple machines. Security conscious types would move the keys on a USB stick, and not use the net.

Even if you use dropbox, mobileme, etc. cloud storage for you projects and files, you could still put an svn repository inside the dropbox, then check stuff out and build locally. Much safer and faster.

7. macrumors 6502

Yes, having some common storage is definitely a nice thing to have when you're doing development work among multiple computers. I have a SVN server set up and I checkout/check in code to keep the source synchronized between the machines, but using a USB drive (or Dropbox for that matter) is perfectly fine for smaller projects.