Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Video streaming. Mac ads. Both good questions. Thanks for asking. But my tofu is starting to get runny, so I'm outta here.

Any more questions before I hit the parking lot?

Oooh! Oooh! Steve! When are you going to license OSX to Dell or HP? You wouldn't even have to let them sell many computers -- just enough to get people who'd never buy an Mac from Apple comfortable with the idea... the markets would love it! No risk! All upside potential! Steve? Steve..?

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
runninmac said:
I dont know I would probobly get way to excited, then embaress (sp?) my self.

BTW: Im from Mich and theres no Whole Foods but I went to one in NYC. WOW is all I have to say... its probobly the coolest food store in the world.

we have one in Rochester Hills, Mi.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
well the last time i felt it necessary to email him, i was bitching about apple's lawsuits against online journalism, how it would tarnish the brand and make people unhappy. Then the whole Rovegate thing happened, made Apple look like the UCLA. i'm sure he loves it when people like me take issue with his corporate management style, but oh well, that's what happens when you lead a cult :)

thequicksilver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2004
Birmingham
I'd ask to shake his hand and wish him and his family all the best.

We already know enough about Apple anyway. I'd rather come across as a nice guy to an idol of mine as opposed to acting like an overexcited moron.

Tahko

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2005
Finnland
runninmac said:
I dont know I would probobly get way to excited, then embaress (sp?)
An american who can't spell English fluently?! Embarass! :eek:

Oh anyway, I would propably tell him to go and read some rumoursites. Then I would question his decision to go Intel. Then I would invite him to join some grill party here in Finland, where sausages are good. No wonder he is vegetarian, Amerigan sausages taste like sh*t.
:p

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
"Guess Titanium and paint don't mix too well together, huh? It's called BETA TESTING. Try it sometime."
"How about making some AC adapters that don't fray every 2 years?"
"Nice job on those dud iBook logic boards."
"Can you make the PowerBooks run ANY HOTTER?"
"Not all Mac users out there are on OS X there, my friend. Just thought I'd mention that to you."
"So, what kind of Mac are you using?"

and last but certainly NOT least ...

"BRING BACK THE NEWTON YOU #$%$&)(!"#$)&%$=!(#"%$#"

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
"Can I have a job at Apple? Pretty please?"

Alternatively,
"Give me that PowerBook G5!"

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
"Hey Buddy, oh, buddy, oh pal, can you possibly send me one of those G5s? :D"

and "OSX on Intel. You better come up with some damn good way to keep it off of non Macs, because people are getting close with the beta version."

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
You lot go on as if he is your idol, your god, your man. Shoot, he's just a business guy. Just a very good business guy. In all honesty, I wouldn't go weak at the knees, I wouldn't stutter, I'd just express my appreciation towards his and his colleagues term at Apple and the quality products which they're released.

Although, the "Man, aren't you Bill Gates?!" comment has to be the best so far :D

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
Tahko said:
An american who can't spell English fluently?! Embarass! :eek:
embarrass :p
not that it really matters :)

i'd probably say something like "what sort of mac do you use?" or "can i have a free ipod if i carry your groceries out? :eek:" or perhaps "you should really check out this place called macrumors."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.