Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by imacintel, Jun 15, 2006.
If your brain was a hard drive, how big would it be?
are you asking how much I can remember? I dont get it.
At my current rate, with an 8000GB brain, I could remember about 1,610,762 songs...
Leaving room for system files and language support for traveling through Europe, that's still over 1,000,000 songs.
I'll have to go with none of the above
It is basically asking you how good is your memory.
8000GB=Not so good
I picked the 10 TB option. Though with formatting, bad sectors etc. there is about a floppies worth of usable space.
\Single Sided Floppy
This is the strangest poll yet...
I have unlimited storage space.
Large enough to adequately run all the pro apps of my heart.
yeah this is super weird .
its like asking , 80, 90 , 100 ... which isnt a very broad scale ..
im gonna say 250Gb .... just sounds right to me .
srsly we're nerds
I recall reading somewhere that over the course of a lifetime, an average human accumulates 500 Petabytes of memories and experiences, but that there seemed to be no upper limit to what can be learned....but I'm not sure how they came up with that number, which is 50,000 times larger than the biggest poll option number
Wow, interesting fact tpjunkie. Glad that I went for option #3.
Yottabyte - But it would have frayed wires and be 90% corrupted. The other 10% would exist in small isolated pockets unable to communicate w/ each other, but vaguely suspicious that was something "more" out there.
i downloaded boot camp and got a partition
Mine's always 20GB too small.
I had my extra languages uninstalled so more space could be freed for... umm i forget..
I wonder if this is some sort of phallus thing and we are all missing the point here....
Mines more like flash memory.
good, but short.
The human brain consists of about 100 billion nerve cells or neurons that are interconnected. Each neuron can be active by producing an action potential, and it's surmised that two individual nuerons can hold a "memory". The upper limit is unknown, but certainly individual thoughts and other processes don't bleed over into adjoining areas that are responsible for a specific task. So you have then what's called a course-grained neural network.
So do the math... From 2 connections to 100 billion, with 5 or 6 major areas.
I doubt my Mac can compute the upper limit.
As for me, I'm content with my USB-drive sized mini-brain. I can bathe and feed myself, but after that all actions are controlled by the legacy reptilian node.
Come now, don't be so hard on yourself- I am sure that you have plenty of storage space left in your brain mad jew. Unless of course you pack such a plethora of knowledge that you have filled up your brain already!
Please don't tell me that you installed Windows on your brain!
"Your brain has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down, press control alt delete to restart"
I feel like I just received a lecture from college. Did you just know that info off of the top of your head?!
The most likely occurrence after installing Windows on your brain.
Not sure how big my brain is in terms of storage 'cause beer keeps erasing stuff every day or two
i'm pretty sure if this poll had been done 10 years ago, we'd all be guessing our brain capacity in megabytes
In the same fashion, 10 years from now we won't be measuring in gigabytes anymore, so it's all just relative.
My personal guess would be that a number couldn't quite sum up what we think, feel, and remember.