Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aristotle

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Canada
You think geeks deserve something other than a cute geek?
All it takes is some self confidence and a willingness to broaden one's interests and you will be surprised what sorts of people you meet. Yes, I think geeks should try to meet their opposite (a non-geek) and they should try to be more broad of a human being than just a "nerd" with a narrow focus.

I took up singing for example even though I work in a completely unrelated field for my day job. I also dabble in video and photography in my spare time.

Success in life is all about taking chances. You cannot spell success without "suc"-k so you are not going to succeed at everything the first time. ;)

That geeky girl probably already has a man in her life who isn't a geek so male geeks should not expect to be able to have a geeky girlfriend nor should they all want to have one.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Ah, but I said "deserve"! ;) Not should or could.

Frankly, at this point I'd rather have someone with a majority of similar interests. Tried the other way and it's been crashing around me for 10 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.