Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Awesome news, Gary! Hope it arrives soon and without incident.

Might want to keep the old one for a week or two before sending it back, though.;)

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
finally

Great news iGary.

I have been reading and following this thread for the last week and I can say that the outcome is making me smile from ear to ear.(meaning, like this :D )
It must have felt so good when that guy called and offered a new Quad as a replacement. "Hahah. I am on top again, finally."

I think it is so cool of apple that there are still some people high up there that actually listen to one single customers problems and most of all that they can get things done.

iSaint

macrumors 603
[Eddie Murphy voice]Get the f**k outta here![/Eddie Murphy voice]

no kidding? seriously?

Wow, that's truly amazing. I'm so glad it worked out for you. Especially since your so invested into your job with that thing.

You're so calm...have you done any whoopees or anything?

EDIT: I had to go back and check for white text.

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
EDIT: I had to go back and check for white text.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did the same thing!!
I read it like three times.

jrk07

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2005
belair said:
I think it is so cool of apple that there are still some people high up there that actually listen to one single customers problems and most of all that they can get things done.

On the other hand, I think that it is so UNCOOL that there are people working for apple that basically told iGary that he can wait for weeks on end for issues that are obviously out of his own control.

I understand that Apple is in the business of making money and that they need to make sure that everybody that complains doesnt just get a complete replacement, but iGary's troubles definitely got to the point of ridiculousness. If I worked at the Apple retail store that he went to with the problems I would have been trying my hardest to get a replacement system for him ASAP just so that I didn't have to deal with him anymore, and of course to make him happy.

Sorry for the rant!

Awesome to hear about the replacement quad iGary, best wishes for the system performing well for you!

bodeh6

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
Well it should come as no surprise that they gave him a Quad. He bought a top of the line at the time Dual 2.7. Since they still have the 2.0 and 2.3 DualCore as the low and midrange PMs, the Quad is the only choice they have to give him.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I wonder if this was from your email, or the engineer who never called back actually begged for it to be resolved this way, or what..

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
whooleytoo said:
Oh, a Quad core? I heard they're really flaky..

..runs off and hides in a bunker, very, very far away!:p

Congrats Gary. A replacement is the best solution. Now just don't drop it as you take it out of the box or anything ;).

direzz

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2006
I hope everything works out for you. I'm sorry you are having all these problems.
Be Well,
John

riciad

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2005
Ireland
Yes, yes, yes!!!!!. I'm just so happy for you!

I'm sure everybody here will have all their fingers and toes crossed that everything goes alright with the Quad.

I think this news should have made the main page.

regre7

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I just read this thread, and for a while I was losing my faith in Apple, but they pulled through in the end.

I wonder if you had've complained a bit to the guy who offered you the Quad if he would have let you talk to Jobs. I would've at least asked. But then again, I'm sure The Steve is too busy thinking of ways to astound us all at WWDC.

I'd probably die if I got a phone call and it was Jobs.

Maybe iGary should write a book about all of his incidents.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
So you don't need this?

Bugger, my boss is gonna kill me.....
Dump%20truck%20is%20assembled.JPG

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Awesome, iGary!!! Apple came through, that is really awesome.

I am going to go meditate now and try to get rid of this dark energy.:D

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
It's a good thing I did write, because here is what the ******* that never got back to me finally wrote:

I did in fact hear back from Engineering about your system, and they indicated to me that the issue appears to be software related based on the log file information and the fact that the RAM inside the unit has been replaced to no avail.

He goes on to apologize for taking so long (probably because someone from Steve's office widened his ass to a size 13EE).

jadekitty24

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
The poor section of Connecticut
I'm late to the party but would like to say hell freaking yeah! It's about time things started going your way. You have been through an awful lot and steadfastly remained a loyal customer. Hopefully this machine will serve you well. I'm glad Apple did the right thing.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
You know what this means don't you? Intel PowerMacs next Tuesday! :p Kidding. I think. Anyway, that's great to hear man. Hopefully it all works out for you. I hear those Quads are amazing. Kinda one of those "clouds with a silver lining" thingies.

TimeWarner upgraded my cable to the premium services for the same price as regular after I complained about the issues I had with them getting setup at my new apartment, but I think you still win.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Calling my shot here.... Fedex is going to pull the iGary special butt crack of dawn wake up door knock with your QUAD. ;) I just know it, it is the only fitting end to this... :D

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
you should have asked to speak to jobs directly.... at least get a personalized autograph or something....
but at least you got a the issue fixed (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.