Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Foocha

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2001
London
Few expected the iPod or the Cube. Fewer still know what Ginger, (the mysterious invention that impressed Steve Jobs so much that he allegedly invested millions in it,) will be. We only have to wait until Monday to find out and you can already order it from Amazon here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000059MSD/
But the questions is - will it have an Apple logo on it?

rekras

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2001
NJ
if it was an apple product they'd have set a press conference for it, like they did the ipod.

spikey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2001
Didnt Jobs invest in an invention called IT?
It was meant to be some sort of transport if i remember correctly.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
dean kamen's personal transportation device

the big news is how some people say they have no idea what ginger is

...what a crock of sh**!

the what the heck was that regis show about many months ago,

and what the heck is the buzz about with diane sawyer debuting IT tomorrow - the high tech transportation device,

and the wall street journal's mention that ginger could help boost a sagging high tech industry,

and that scooter patent applied for by kamen which has been posted all over the internet

...if ginger is not a high tech transportation device and ends up being a cell phone or super pda, then it will stand as one of the world's best kept secrets in high tech history

Doraemon

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2001
Europe (EU)
the mysterious invention that impressed Steve Jobs so much that he allegedly invested millions in it

Where and when did he say that?

And what is Ginger (or IT) anyway? Neither the Amazon site nor their discussion board gave an anwser.

Read the full story hear from Reuters

Can you give me the link?

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Know your artist

Originally posted by Foocha
And how exactly did you get to know her, mymemory?

There was a picture of her inside the booklet of the CD of Guns N' Roses "Appetite For Destruction". She was a phorno star at that time. I was abou 15 I do not know anything else about her, sorry.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
sounds like it might be interesting....but why will "everyone who owns one will be richer than Bill Gates"??? is this speaking metaphorically? i don't think anyone will be more rich than billy-boy in the near future.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
South Park

any one see the South Park episode a few weeks ago about the "IT" invention by Mr. Maccy? It Had Steve Jobes in it as an investor for a new invention called "IT" I hope Ginger is not the the thing that was on South Park. Im not really into that sort of thing. :)

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
POST 200!

This is my 200th post. I guess I get to join the Ranks with some of you guys. But still way far off from 400... like a few of you are.

I guess we dont have to talk about the "IT" or "Ginger" anymore. Kind of a cool toy but $3000.00! Thats a bit pricy.

menoinjun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2001
the question is...what company do I invest in to reap the rewards when the stock skyrockets?

-Pete

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.