iLok with Lion

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by dave12345, Jul 24, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

can anyone tell me if iLok is compatible with Lion? specifically Waves 8

cheers

2. macrumors regular

WAVES Version 8 currently works under OSX Lion with the following hosts:

Logic 9
    Cubase 6
    GTR Stand Alone
    Multirack Native and SG
    Main Stage 2.1.3
    Wavelab 7.1
    Peak 7

3. thread starter macrumors regular

brilliant thanks - are you currently using Waves 8 ? do you have any personal experience running it with Logic 9 / Lion ?

4. macrumors regular

Yes and Yes. All good.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

6. Papanate, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011

macrumors regular

Do you want more information?

7. macrumors regular

iLOK and Lion

Yes, the iLok does work with Lion. It requires that you download the latest driver here: http://www.paceap.com/download.html (manufacturer website).

Download the "Mac OS X Extension". It will give you a file called "macextsx".

8. macrumors member

Sonnox EQ and Reverb currently don't work in Logic. Validation fails. Strangely both work fine in Ableton Live.

9. macrumors regular

Issue is with Logic, then. I've read lots of things that say Logic isn't compatible...yet. I still get an error. ProTools works wonderfully, though.

10. macrumors newbie

ilok and lion

just got it from an inside source who would surely know-ilok is not yet supported by lion, thus software programs which require ilok would not yet function on lion--e.g. sounds on line/east west programs-- according to this person, the focus is much less an issue as portrayed on the software source and much more on the security required-- the result, if this is accurate, is we have to wait for ilok compatibility----------

11. macrumors newbie

I'm currently having issues with ProTools and Ableton live has anyone gotten the iLok to work with either of those? Specifically with Waves 7?

I have all the newest client software and drivers installed. I'm on a brand new Mac Pro running Lion. PT9 and Ableton Live suite 8.2.6 iLok is recognized by iLok.com and it shows me that all my licenses are on there but then whenever I start up Live or Pro Tools it says it can't find the licenses on the iLok or that the iLok isn't connected. These same iLoks work fine on my other box running Leopard.

ANY help here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-Chris