Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dave12345

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
can anyone tell me if iLok is compatible with Lion? specifically Waves 8

cheers

dave12345

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
brilliant thanks - are you currently using Waves 8 ? do you have any personal experience running it with Logic 9 / Lion ?

appahappa

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2010
Sonnox EQ and Reverb currently don't work in Logic. Validation fails. Strangely both work fine in Ableton Live.

norrismantooth

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2010
Dallas, TX
Issue is with Logic, then. I've read lots of things that say Logic isn't compatible...yet. I still get an error. ProTools works wonderfully, though.

preglad

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2011
ilok and lion

just got it from an inside source who would surely know-ilok is not yet supported by lion, thus software programs which require ilok would not yet function on lion--e.g. sounds on line/east west programs-- according to this person, the focus is much less an issue as portrayed on the software source and much more on the security required-- the result, if this is accurate, is we have to wait for ilok compatibility----------

riddimgangsta

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2011
I'm currently having issues with ProTools and Ableton live has anyone gotten the iLok to work with either of those? Specifically with Waves 7?

I have all the newest client software and drivers installed. I'm on a brand new Mac Pro running Lion. PT9 and Ableton Live suite 8.2.6 iLok is recognized by iLok.com and it shows me that all my licenses are on there but then whenever I start up Live or Pro Tools it says it can't find the licenses on the iLok or that the iLok isn't connected. These same iLoks work fine on my other box running Leopard.

ANY help here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-Chris

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.