Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jive

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Scotland
Ok, so I'm going off to Uni soon and as such I'm importing all my CDs etc to iTunes.

Well, I've finished that so now I'm on to DVDs >_>

I've got them all done except Architexture (a DVD that came with Archetype by Tonedeff) as I want that as a virtual DVD as opposed to a single movie (.mp4) file that I can't select things chapters on etc.

So yeah, I'm using MacTheRipper to take ALL the data from the DVD and put it on my harddrive but now I'm left with a load of .vob and .ifo files. I need a .iso (I think, or I have in my past experience) to run it as a virtual DVD so how do I go about converting all these files into this? I can open the .vobs in VLC, and .isos work in that as well.

Sidenote: I love the artwork for Archetype - so stylishly done. Tony Rojas, I salute you.

So, yeah, any help here?

projectle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
You can open the raw dvd data folders created by MacTheRipper in DVD Player.

There is no need for a virtual cd/dvd format of any type as it is completely unnecissary.

Additionally, you can encode chapters in an M4V file, along with alternate angles, audio tracks and subtitles.
You may want to take a look at Metadata Hootenany.

jive

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Scotland
DVD Player says there is no media found >_>

All I want is too create an .iso of all the files...

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
dvd imager or ffmpegx can convert those files from mactheripper into a .iso file.
Also, the new simplyburns rev 180 can also directly rip your DVD into a .iso file, but might result a file larger than 4GB.

jive

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Scotland
FFmpegX didn't work at all. I'm just getting SimplyBurns to try it out... The size doesn't bother me much - I have a lot of HD space.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
well, i never tried ffmpegx's dvd image function, :) Altho I did tried simplyburns' ripping, it works find, just the file is too large for me..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.