I'm Sitting In Front Of The Apple Store In NYC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SamIchi, Jun 22, 2006.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I just came down to the city, and I don't have internet connection at the apartment I'm staying at, and it sucks. I walked all the way down to 5th Ave to the Apple store, it's very cool. I need to find some place for my wifi needs :( .

This store is so much bigger than the one in Albany, and there's so many freakin people. I'm goin to try to get a job here. Anyone on MR work here?

There wasn't really a point to this thread but I'm just glad I could get on the net again :D I had to make a thread.

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I think that they could be fired if they were to identify themselves...

3. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Technically, Apple Employees aren't supposed to frequent any online forums unless that is their specific job.

4. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Really? So they can't participate in these forums, or they just can't say that they work there?

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Technically they're not supposed to participate in forums. They may be asked to sign a NDA.

6. macEfan macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    yeah, they are afraid that someone will blab out the next cool new apple product...

7. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

I'm afraid what everyone in this thread has said is true. That's the only thing keeping me from getting a job at my local Apple store. I love this place too much. :D But so, I have yet to be at the 5th Avenue store and I'm sure it's amazing! I can NOT WAIT to get there. It'll probably be like 10x more crowded though in December around Christmas time. :D

8. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

...or convince customers to wait for a cool new product that doesn't really exist.

9. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Got a camera? Post some pics of yourself and the glass cube?

Wondering if we need an "MRers at Apple Stores" thread.

10. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

I went to the Apple store on 5th Avenue and...

...IT WAS SO FREAKIN' CROWDED.

When Jobs said New York City "could use another Apple store", he was making an understatement. I went into a lot of stores, but the Apple Store was by far the busiest - I could hardly move/breathe inside.

Toys R Us, for those of you care, was a close second (it's in Times Square) :D .

11. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Wow...I'd love to visit that store. Biggest one I've been to was the one in San Francisco, on Stockton.

12. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

I would like to work there but I live in the Bronx so I would have to spend a fortune in transportation :rolleyes:

13. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

That sucks. MR is probably the only forum I consistently participate in. Hmm... It would be cool working there though.

I should've took a shot with my Photobooth, but I didn't feel like moving around to adjust. I felt kinda of uncomfortable there, with so many people walking around. I was the only one there with my MB out. Later on I saw someone with a PowerBook, and another MacBook.

Yea, there were hella lor of people there. Not can't move crowded, but pretty much all the Macs and iPods were occupied.

Isn't it like $70 a month for unlimited subway access? That's better than paying for gas @ $3 a gallon. When I was driving to NYC from albany, I saw $3.49!

14. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

I suck at selling things. I worked at target- worst experience ever. Apple would fire me in abouut 2 days :eek:

15. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be

you live in Albany? i was there the other day, checking out the MacBooks...have yet to get to the 5th Ave store, but the SoHo one is decent too.

16. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Yea, Albany, but I came out to NYC for the summer. Right now I got nothing to do. I guess I'm looking for a job, but I don't really know.

17. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

but i don't think that the subway access will get you from boston to new york very conveniently. ;)

18. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

have you tried the jiwire widget? it lets you search by where you are for the nearest wireless hotspots, free and not.

edit: i searched for free hotspots near the 5th ave. apple store, and i attached screenshots of the top 10. it looks like a library would be a good place to head for your internet needs.

Attached Files:

19. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Hey thanks, I've been using jiwire.com. There's a library I went to today which is pretty close. I've found a place in the apartment that get's a good signal from somewhere. I don't know where but it's an open access so I'm using it. :D I hope whoever it is, they don't mind.

Is there a way to find out the location of where it's coming from?

20. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Hey, i'm in NYC as well...manhattan....PM me if you wanna talk about the place....i'm willing to help...for a small price(i'm kidding)...if you are staying in manhattan then wifi shouldn't be that much of a problem.

I too need wifi...starbucks man or barnes n noble

Bless