Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
I just came down to the city, and I don't have internet connection at the apartment I'm staying at, and it sucks. I walked all the way down to 5th Ave to the Apple store, it's very cool. I need to find some place for my wifi needs :( .

This store is so much bigger than the one in Albany, and there's so many freakin people. I'm goin to try to get a job here. Anyone on MR work here?

There wasn't really a point to this thread but I'm just glad I could get on the net again :D I had to make a thread.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
SamIchi said:
This store is so much bigger than the one in Albany, and there's so many freakin people. I'm goin to try to get a job here. Anyone on MR work here?

There wasn't really a point to this thread but I'm just glad I could get on the net again :D I had to make a thread.

Technically, Apple Employees aren't supposed to frequent any online forums unless that is their specific job.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
ham_man said:
I think that they could be fired if they were to identify themselves...

Really? So they can't participate in these forums, or they just can't say that they work there?

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
yeah, they are afraid that someone will blab out the next cool new apple product...

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2005
I'm afraid what everyone in this thread has said is true. That's the only thing keeping me from getting a job at my local Apple store. I love this place too much. :D But so, I have yet to be at the 5th Avenue store and I'm sure it's amazing! I can NOT WAIT to get there. It'll probably be like 10x more crowded though in December around Christmas time. :D

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Got a camera? Post some pics of yourself and the glass cube?

Wondering if we need an "MRers at Apple Stores" thread.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
I went to the Apple store on 5th Avenue and...

...IT WAS SO FREAKIN' CROWDED.

When Jobs said New York City "could use another Apple store", he was making an understatement. I went into a lot of stores, but the Apple Store was by far the busiest - I could hardly move/breathe inside.

Toys R Us, for those of you care, was a close second (it's in Times Square) :D .

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Caitlyn said:
I'm afraid what everyone in this thread has said is true. That's the only thing keeping me from getting a job at my local Apple store. I love this place too much. :D But so, I have yet to be at the 5th Avenue store and I'm sure it's amazing! I can NOT WAIT to get there. It'll probably be like 10x more crowded though in December around Christmas time. :D

That sucks. MR is probably the only forum I consistently participate in. Hmm... It would be cool working there though.

thedude110 said:
Got a camera? Post some pics of yourself and the glass cube?

Wondering if we need an "MRers at Apple Stores" thread.

I should've took a shot with my Photobooth, but I didn't feel like moving around to adjust. I felt kinda of uncomfortable there, with so many people walking around. I was the only one there with my MB out. Later on I saw someone with a PowerBook, and another MacBook.

AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
I went to the Apple store on 5th Avenue and...

...IT WAS SO FREAKIN' CROWDED.

When Jobs said New York City "could use another Apple store", he was making an understatement. I went into a lot of stores, but the Apple Store was by far the busiest - I could hardly move/breathe inside.

Toys R Us, for those of you care, was a close second (it's in Times Square) :D .

Yea, there were hella lor of people there. Not can't move crowded, but pretty much all the Macs and iPods were occupied.

SuperSnake2012 said:
I would like to work there but I live in the Bronx so I would have to spend a fortune in transportation :rolleyes:

Isn't it like $70 a month for unlimited subway access? That's better than paying for gas @ $3 a gallon. When I was driving to NYC from albany, I saw $3.49!

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
evoluzione said:
you live in Albany? i was there the other day, checking out the MacBooks...have yet to get to the 5th Ave store, but the SoHo one is decent too.

Yea, Albany, but I came out to NYC for the summer. Right now I got nothing to do. I guess I'm looking for a job, but I don't really know.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
SamIchi said:
Isn't it like $70 a month for unlimited subway access? That's better than paying for gas @ $3 a gallon. When I was driving to NYC from albany, I saw $3.49!

but i don't think that the subway access will get you from boston to new york very conveniently. ;)

count chocula

macrumors 6502a
SamIchi said:
I need to find some place for my wifi needs :( .
have you tried the jiwire widget? it lets you search by where you are for the nearest wireless hotspots, free and not.

edit: i searched for free hotspots near the 5th ave. apple store, and i attached screenshots of the top 10. it looks like a library would be a good place to head for your internet needs.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    36 KB · Views: 86
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 82

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
count chocula said:
have you tried the jiwire widget? it lets you search by where you are for the nearest wireless hotspots, free and not.

edit: i searched for free hotspots near the 5th ave. apple store, and i attached screenshots of the top 10. it looks like a library would be a good place to head for your internet needs.

Hey thanks, I've been using jiwire.com. There's a library I went to today which is pretty close. I've found a place in the apartment that get's a good signal from somewhere. I don't know where but it's an open access so I'm using it. :D I hope whoever it is, they don't mind.

Is there a way to find out the location of where it's coming from?

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Hey, i'm in NYC as well...manhattan....PM me if you wanna talk about the place....i'm willing to help...for a small price(i'm kidding)...if you are staying in manhattan then wifi shouldn't be that much of a problem.

I too need wifi...starbucks man or barnes n noble

Bless

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.