Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RolledUp20s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Wrexham, North Wales
I just sold my mac air to a stranger, he came to collect it from my house. He was new to apple so I ended up giving him a 2hr lesson, setup & installed ilife etc, showed him my Apple TV and how that works with AirPlay. He was amazed, seeing as I don't use it much I said he could buy that aswel :)
He's a lecturer, I said it'd be good for his presentations

Anyways..a new apple guy has joined the family.

I've spread my apple seed:apple:

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I hope you didn't give him your ph#, because he's now going to ring you up whenever he's got a problem! :eek:

jumpmandds

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2011
Ohio
U let him in your house?! I would've met him at a panera bread or something never do deals out your house

77slevin

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2013
Belgium
U let him in your house?! I would've met him at a panera bread or something never do deals out your house

Exactly. Some use this technique to case your house. If I sell something myself, I ask to meet up in front of the local police station. If they show up, it's legit and it weeds out the shady ones.

xxcysxx

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
I did this for the last four laptops i sold on craigslist, thought i didn't direct them to my house. but i spent at least two hours sitting there teaching them how to "use" the machine like if it was my responsibility, and yes i do feel irritated and annoyed, i intentionally just wanted to show them that everything i claimed in my classified is verifiable, but then they started to ask more and more questions like they don't know how to use a computer. for god sake these peoples are students and nurses, computer engineers, they so claimed when we finished the conversation.

my four time lessons. never again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.