Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gregpod9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2007
A couple of months back, I purchased the Magic Keyboard. I genuinely enjoy the typing experience it offers, but I'm not particularly fond of its cramped design. Sometimes, my fingers even hit the bottom of my iPad Pro while typing. Lately, I've been contemplating selling it. Additionally, I have the Logitech Anywhere MX 2s mouse, which I use with my MBA M1. I've been considering getting an iPad stand and the Logitech MX Keys mini, and use my Logitech mouse or get a Magic Trackpad.

seek3r

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2010
A couple of months back, I purchased the Magic Keyboard. I genuinely enjoy the typing experience it offers, but I'm not particularly fond of its cramped design. Sometimes, my fingers even hit the bottom of my iPad Pro while typing. Lately, I've been contemplating selling it. Additionally, I have the Logitech Anywhere MX 2s mouse, which I use with my MBA M1. I've been considering getting an iPad stand and the Logitech MX Keys mini, and use my Logitech mouse or get a Magic Trackpad.
FWIW my original iPA's keyboard (same as yours) took a dive onto cement (luckily without my ipad in it at the time) and the keyboard broke, so I spent some time considering whether to get a different case/keyboard of some kind or pick up another MK. I ended up picking up another MK, honestly it just seemed like any of the other options had compromises in other ways I didn't like, in portability, charging, bulkiness (as opposed to weight, the MK *is* relatively heavy, its one real downside to me), etc.

OTOH I don't have the typing problem you're describing, everyone types differently, seems like you have a more compelling reason to go with something else. If you have microcenters/best buys/etc around, not to mention apple stores, I would suggest you go see if you can try out some of the options and see if they work better for you before making a final decision

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
imo Magic Keyboard folio allows typing experience on a smaller footprint compared to other setup offering similar features. For someone who carries iPad day in day out and use it as pseudo phone, the keyboard folio has wonderful value. Has backlight too.

Reactions: seek3r

seek3r

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2010
imo Magic Keyboard folio allows typing experience on a smaller footprint compared to other setup offering similar features. For someone who carries iPad day in day out and use it as pseudo phone, the keyboard folio has wonderful value. Has backlight too.
I don't think it's available for the iPad Air and Pros, only the smart folio without a trackpad and with a substantially worse (IMHO) keyboard is on that end of things

• Sad
Reactions: Shirasaki

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Good thought, but each keyboard offers a significantly different experience.

I prefer the Apple smart keyboard cover for my 9th gen iPad when I travel. Super thin, super light, easy to carry around. I love using my Logitech K380 bluetooth keyboard (and Citrix X1 mouse) with it when it is stationary on a desk but I wouldn't travel with that combo.

If your iPad is going to generally be stationary in the house, then I think that Logitech keyboard and mouse combo will be terrific.

DeepSix

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2022
IMG_0152.jpeg

DeepSix

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2022

What route did you take? I ask because I have the Logitech combo touch and though I liked it at first (love the case more than the keyboard itself). I haven't used the keyboard with it for months now because it's just too crammed and I can't type very fast on it. So I am picking up a MX Keys mini today and going to try to use that. I will keep the Combo touch case on the ipad as I love the kickstand feature and it works well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.